New Member: Adamantium

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Adamantium, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Adamantium

Adamantium Walk On

New Member: Adamantium

Name: Adam
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBox Gamertag: Big Firework
    Email: arichard44 (at) gmail (dot) com
    AIM: n/a, but available for gchat
    Time Zone: US Central
    General Availability: Afternoons and evenings
    Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: My brother recommended it to me first, and then others at Operation Sports also pointed me in this direction

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Several very casual NCAA Online Dynasties. I'm looking for something much less casual.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

Our house had a Sega Mastersystem, so maybe 20 years, give or take a few. I've been playing online for about 5 or 6 years, ever since the PS2's network adapter came out.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I'm pretty Sim in that I put restrictions on what I can do in my own private offline dynasties for realism/difficulty purposes. For example, I am not allowed to call any play even closely resembling Four Verticals. As an opponent, I'm competitive, but I'm uncomfortable with trash talk (afraid to back it up). When there's blood in the water, I sometimes relent a little, but I'm looking to hone my killer instinct.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

No problem. Bring it, graybeards.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I have. I am curious about going for it on fourth down. The rules say it's only kosher on 4th and 1 or shorter and in your opponent's territory. What about the no-man's land between the 30 and 40? Say I have 4th and 8 on my opponent's 35, and I have a lousy kicker. That's a tough down-and-distance, but punting seems foolish when you will likely only gain 15 yards from it.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I'm a lifelong Michigan fan as well as a UM alumnus. My passion for Michigan football seems to be inversely related to the quality of Michigan football. That is, I've always been a big fan, but I'm slowly turning more obsessive with each year into RichRod's beleaguered tenure. There's something about being an alum that really lights a fire in your pride in university.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

I plan on contributing to threads daily, similar to my output over at MGoBlog and Operation Sports, where I average about 2-3 posts per day.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

I hope to find a like-minded community of passionate yet level-headed college football fans. Fans whose school pride has the potential to wound them significantly, yet they recognize the absurdity of this.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I would immediately address the issue with my opponent. If he shows no remorse, I would save replays of whatever plays were in question and bring the issue to attention of the commissioner.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have skimmed them over, and have not yet found a league with availability.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Application approved.

To answer your questions about 4th downs, it's exactly what you suggested; a gray area. Most everyone here is pretty reasonable. If you are in that "no man's land" then I'm sure everyone understands. The best policy is to be respectful and contact your commissioner if their are any issues or questions.

Welcome to TF.