Approved New Member: akutozo

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by akutozo, Apr 17, 2015.

?

Should {$visitor.username} be approved?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Name: Jacob
    Gamertag/PSN: akutozo
    Which consoles do you play on?: XBOX One
    Time Zone: CST
    What is your general availability for User vs User Games?: Evening, 3 to 4 nights a week, always Sundays, other nights vary. No earlier than 6PM CST, ever.
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports?:
    Reddit.

1) Have you ever played in any Online Leagues before? If so, where?:
    No.

2) How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?:
    6 years.

3) What type of player would you say you are?:
    Methodical. Preparation is more enjoyable than the outcome. I love RTS & RPG games, but recently have found myself hooked team building in Madden 25/Madden 15. Competitive and willing to learn.

4) Our community consists of a more mature bunch with the average age hovering around 25-30 years old. How do you feel about any difference or similarities between our population and your age?:
    Comfortable.

5) Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.:
    I'm a largely self taught individual. I was home schooled and left mostly to teach myself. I paid for my own college, but have not completed a degree. I work as a system support analyst currently and enjoy my work.

My primary passions are technology (and by extension gaming) and music. I'm well known among my friends for traveling to different states to see musicians I enjoy. I love almost every extension of rock music and particularly enjoy bands like Apocalyptica and Nightwish.

To a lesser extent I am a movie junkie, once previously watching 5 movies in two days (Fast & Furious 6, Star Trek 3D in IMAX, Hangover Part III, The Great Gatsby and Epic) and flew to Florida just to watch all of them with my friend.

6) Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?:
    I see myself fitting in as well as any other.

7) What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?:
    To learn more about Madden with a group of people who share a similar passion. At worse walk away with more knowledge about a game that I love, at best find an enjoyable community to spend my down time with.

8) [SITUATION]: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?:
    I question whether the rule broken was intentional or not and gauge my opponent's sincerity. Based on the result, I'd notify whoever was responsible for enforcing the rules know about the misconduct, the action and how the user reacted to my concern at the time. If the user in some way made it up to me, I may not report it at all if but that would depend on how casual the league I am in handled those situations.

Otherwise, I'd continue playing the game and attempt to overcome whatever occurred previously. Nothing is more frustrating to someone who intentionally breaks rules than still losing, even when they have the upper hand.

9) Have you checked out the different league openings here at TSO? Have you found any leagues you are interested in? What is your preferred setup?:
    I have not had an opportunity to fully review all of the leagues and setup types. In general though and from what I have seen I would prefer a SIM league style that didn't require me to play more than a few games per week at most due to my work schedule.

I have read and agreed to the rules of the site.

2. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Approved, welcome to TSO

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Approved - welcome to TSO. Unfortunately I had a couple guys snag the Giants and Falcons just ahead of you. I'm waiting to hear if the Saints are going to actually leave. He seems to be on the fence. In the meantime I encourage you to check out some links below

Here is our leagues main forum area - https://traditionsportsonline.com/forums/hard-at-work.899/

The rules have everything you need to join the league - https://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/expectations-rules-and-standards.111819/

Definitely check out the new player entry thread - https://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/im-a-noob-what-do-i-do.114763/

And here is the Waitlist thread - https://traditionsportsonline.com/threads/teamlist-waitlist.111863/

Just have patience for a day or so. Also there is another Xbox league that may have an opening, I'm not sure
    Black Republican would be able to answer that

• Like Like x 1
  4. akutozo

Thanks, I can be plenty patient if needed.

5. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

• Like Like x 1
  6. akutozo

Thanks, I'll take a look. What teams are open right now?

7. Keller

Akutozo - Make sure you "reply" to people in threads as I have. That way they get an alert/notification that you've responded to them.

It isn't always necessary but its a good tip for new guys

8. akutozo

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keller

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Have you found a spot in a league yet?

11. akutozo

I have.

• Like Like x 1