New Member: Andrew

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 5, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Andrew,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN: witty_username (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: none, but I can get one if it is essential to the community
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Evenings and weekends
    Favorite Teams: Alabama (NCAA), Titans (NFL), Spurs (NBA), Cardinals (MLB). Random, I know, but there is a story behind each.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Was directed here from the Operation Sports forum.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Played one week of a Madden online league before the league fell apart. Love the idea, though, and am hoping to find a stable one - in any game, but preferably football - to be a part of.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I got a Sega Genesis in 1st grade and have been playing ever since.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Definitely a sports gamer, but I suppose that is pretty common here. As far as sports gaming goes, I focus primarily on the big 3 sports, with a little bit of FIFA, Tiger Woods and Top Spin thrown in for a refreshing change of pace. I value sim-style play over all else, which is why I am drawn here in the first place.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I am noticeably younger than the average age of my fellow gamers here. However, as far as sports gaming goes, I have always been a sim sports guy dating back to my early high school days. Whereas my friends - whenever I could convince them to not play Halo - were creating superhumans and abusing the "force trade" option in sports game with 3 minute quarters, while I always found it far more fascinating to try and navigate the salary cap or build a college program and the like with full length games. I guess I have always been searching for a community that shared my tastes in sports gaming. So, while younger, I hope that doesn't precede me in my attempt at creating a reputation as a legitimate and mature sim-style player in this community.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have, and I have no questions or concerns. I just wish that, after playing online for the first time with Madden last year, that I had known about this place sooner. Love the expected simulation aspect.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Let's see, I am going to be a fifth-year senior at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, TN. Full-time student majoring in History and Philosophy. May as well explain my seemingly random team preferences stated earlier: Bama football because my sister just graduated law school there (and, sadly, my school does not have a football team of its own. Nor does my dad's, mom's or sister's undergraduate school, so needless to say I leaped on the first opportunity to have familial ties to a D1 football team), Titans because I currently live in TN, Spurs because I lived in San Antonio as a kid, and the Cardinals because I had always been searching for a favorite baseball team and wrote a 25 page research paper on Curt Flood and the reserve clause, which I figured was a good enough reason to start liking the Cardinals. Other than that, I have always been a fairly reserved person and am new to communities such as this, so pardon me if I left anything out and if you have any questions, please ask because I will be more than happy to answer and get to know the people in this community better.
    +-
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I hope to fit in well. I like to consider myself a nice guy who gets along with others, albeit a little reserved. However, sports gaming has been a longtime passion of mine and I have never really encountered too many people who share that passion for me to play and discuss with, so I imagine I will be excited to be part of a community that I have been searching for for so long.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I am hoping to find a legitimate , sim-style league in both NCAA and Madden. Aside from that, I am just looking for some friends who I can talk to about sports and play a good game with every now and then.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I know it is a cop out, but I would have to say it would depend on the situation. Unless it is a blatant violation of a major rule, I would be inclined to give the opponent the benefit of the doubt. After all, we all make mistakes. I would inform the opponent upon the first offense, assuming it was either incidental or a rule he or she was unaware of. However, if after that, the player continues to violate a league or rule site, I would inform the league commissioner or whoever is in charge of handling such matters on the site of the situation.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I have not yet, as I am actually putting off a research paper in order to fill this out at the moment, but I am excited about the various leagues and hope to immerse myself in them in the coming days.

Thank you for letting me become a part of your community.

3. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

It appears that my name and age somehow got left off that post. Just to clear things up:

Name: Andrew

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great app Andrew. Application approved, welcome to TSO man

5. Andrew

Andrew Walk On

Thank you! I am looking forward to it and hope to see everyone here on the field one day.