Approved New Member: AoHigh5

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 13, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome AoHigh5,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

Name: Adrian Carrillo
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN -- AoHiGh5
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: skype -- h1gh.5 / i have a cell for text messaging as well
    Time Zone: PST , california
    General Availability for User vs User games: anytime except 4pm-10pm PST for sunday-tuesday.. and any time during wednesdays and thursdays.. 12pm-12am for friday-saturday
    Favorite Teams: i like the oakland raiders and los angeles lakers.. but will run with any team available ( I like building teams .. i enjoy starting from square one so to speak)
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: I was going through the new exciting news of Connected Careers on Madden 13 and that made me google "madden 13 online leagues" and i was led to TS

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I've played in madden leagues since they first integrated it into madden on ps3s.. i also currently am in a very active nba 2k12 league.. im the bobcats and tied for 1st seed in the 2nd season..
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    ive been playing video games since i was 8 years old(2000).. ive been playing online since around 2004.. computer basketball leagues, football leagues on ps3
    3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I think Im a mix of sim and freestyle, I try to emulate real life strategy and gameplay into the video games but at the same time I like using my "stick" skills.. I like "usering" a lot of my players on both football and basketball games.. so Im not fully a Sim player but I can be if needed
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I honestly don't care how old people are in the community just as long as they are mature and respect one another.. I understand how leagues are successful and being respectful and very friendly are reasons why leagues are successful. So you can be 13 years old or 30 years old but just don't be immature or disrespectful..
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I couldnt find any rules under Madden but Im sure I dont glitch or cheese so should be ok, if not ill fix whatever it is im not doing correctly
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Im 19 years old, i work full-time, used to be enrolled in a university but decided to take a break and am going to start again either this fall or next spring. i like football and basketball a lot. im usually leading a league whether it be madden online franchise, 2k league, or fantasy football, but I decided to sit back and be a good 'role player' in a league.
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    it looks as if everyone here is hoping to enjoy the same kind of community as i would like to enjoy so I think i should fit in pretty good. i like being competitive and it looks as if a lot of members here are highly skilled in these games
    8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    i hope to find a madden franchise where i can say "hey Im in season 3 with this team and drafted this rookie and signed this free agent" and just would like to build a crappy team into a good team in a span of multiple seasons and I know it takes a really active committed league/commissioner for that and TSO seems to provide that for the gaming community
    9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    first of all, i think any and every move in sports video games can be countered so i would first try to stop it or do better than whatever cheese it is. if i can't, i'll just report it to commissioner
    10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? im interested in the madden 13 online franchise for ps3.. maybe nba 2k13 online association

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Please read over the gameplay rules again to understand the types of gameplay we discourage. Being a sim player is required here.

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

damn that was bothering me.. lol

This is a little red flag, we have very good players around here that put together game plans and strategy and execute them sim-ly (lack of a better word). What in terms of "freestyle" is your definition?

We don't want to fight cheese with cheese, just message your opponent on what is wrong try and find a solution or common ground and then report back to the commish of the instance.

Overall, nice app just a little worrisome with a few answers

5. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

what i mean by freestyle is i user my free safety in madden, or do on-ball defense on 2k.. thats its tho.. i dont glitch or cheese lol

6. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

most sim players stick skills arent up to par.....so thats kinda why i said i aint a complete sim player cuz im really good at "usering" where most sim players would let the computer do it for them.. i dont cheat at all tho.. sorry for misunderstanding lol

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I don't necessarily agree with you here...

I think you will find a bunch of sim guys who have good stick skills. The problem is that there isnt a definitive standard on what constitutes cheese or not. There are some obvious things, but then there are a lot of borderline things. From years of experience and observation, many of the guys who do tournament gaming take a very liberal approach to loose gameplay and play very borderline sim. While skills are respected and appreciated on the site, we mostly care about guys adhering to sim and sportsmanlike gameplay and those who embrace and become a part of the community. If we wanted the challenge of skilled users, we would just play ranked games and run the ranking ladders... I hope this gives you some more perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KnightNoles

well said J

9. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

so im rejected or what? im tryna find a madden 13 franchise.. this site look best to me for what i was looking for..

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I think we are still in discussion... there have been some lobby/tourney guys who have been successful sim players and make the conversion. You will need an open mind and a willingness to adjust. Have you read through the various rules and sim guidelines? You can also look at league spcific rules as well.

11. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

Looked at rules after was told if I had up there. And I already said I'd want to make the adjustment needed to fit in solely bc I'm highly interested in joining the franchise league here for ps3

12. KnightNoles

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Are you?

14. KnightNoles

Yea, I'll give him a shot..

Everybody users around here, but I don't necessarily call that "freestyling"

Just establish good roots, listen to the constructive criticism (if you receive it) and try and be the best member you can be.

15. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

I think he looks good.......... He seems commited to being part of the community as well. Just my .02 cents.

16. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

i think the whole misunderstanding was our different interpretations of what a "sim" player is.. i always thought it was someone who basically let CPU do everything for em in a way.. and i tried to say that i dont do that lol.. sorry

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah, you have been approved. Dont think there is so much a misunderstanding as just a wariness and making sure you know the expectations. Welcome to TSO and I hope you enjoy it here.

18. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

Thank u! Appreciated