New Member: Archedemius

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 28, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Archedemius,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Archedemius

Archedemius Walk On

Name: Josh
    Gamertag xbox360: Archedemius
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: n/a
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Random, but in a general 24/7 scheme
    Favorite Teams: Michigan State GO GREEN!
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: From the EA forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Was just in one, but it froze. Over at TheGamingTailgate. Ncaa 12.

2. How long have you been playing video games? forever How long have you been playing online? mostly mmo's online

3. What type of player would you say you are? Dedicated Coach

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? We are about the same.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? None

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Formerly active duty Marine. Graduate from Michigan State this summer.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? My degree is in Marketing, I better be Social.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Hopefully find a group of fun people to do Coach Mode dynasties with.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would tell him, if he is un-cooperative, I would express the situation to the commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I did, but didn't see much on Coach Mode dynasties.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Welcome Josh, thank you for your service and congrats on the degree...

With that being said, could you a elaborate a bit more on most of the questions so we can get a better idea on if you will be a good fit or not as a member? thanks

4. Archedemius

Archedemius Walk On

I'll elaborate in the morning. Thanks for the consideration.

5. Archedemius

Archedemius Walk On

Name: Josh
    Gamertag xbox360: Archedemius
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: n/a
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Random, but in a general 24/7 scheme
    Favorite Teams: Michigan State GO GREEN!
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: From the EA forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I am currently in a NCAA 12 league over at The Gaming Tailgate. It is a coach mode only league. It has also froze up due to bugs, and I have been looking around for more forums where I can meet people to do Coach Mode dynasties. Other than that, I haven't been in any other sports leagues due to time constraints in the past (i.e. Military, School, other hobbies).

2. How long have you been playing video games? forever How long have you been playing online?
    I have played video for as long as I can remember. Sports games that come to mind are the Tecmo Bowl series, and my first taste of Madden was 98. I have played a lot of online role playing games for the last 10 years or so, but got back into football when I stumbled upon NCAA 04 while out in Iraq. I went bonkers and became obsessed with the recruiting aspects. I have been hooked on NCAA Football since then.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I would say that I am a coach. I love the coach mode aspect of games and I am huge into the simulation side of things. I am not suppose to have 700 yards of offense when I coach at Eastern Michigan. If my teams are suppose to lose to other teams, they are suppose to.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I am 31, so I am sure we have a lot of similarities. There are plenty of us who have jobs, families, school, etc. going on, and I respect that in everyone.
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? None

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I am a former active duty Marine and a soon to be alumn at Michigan State University. I have been big into sports sim all my life. I can remember setting up make believe sports leagues at junior high and we would all meet up at lunch to roll dice for our own teams. Though it was based on luck, it was a lot of fun for us to gather all the stats and compile records of everyones' teams and players. I love to socialize and get competitive with my friends.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I am extremely easy to get a long with. My hope is to find a group of like-minded guys on here to challenge in a dynasty.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Hopefully find a group of fun people to do Coach Mode dynasties with.
    I hope to meet some new online friends here. The main goal is to find some Coach Mode players like myself and start battling it out in a dynasty.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I would ask him if he knew what he did was wrong. If he became uncooperative with me, I would go to whoever the commissioner is to explain the situation. I'm not the type of person to flip out on someone when they break a rule, but I am the type of person who believes in justice.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have. I am most interested in the Coach league for NCAA Football. The only preferences I have are that the league stays as close to sim as possible(i.e. sliders, etc.). I don't need 12 people in a dynasty, but I do need people to be ready to advance quickly. I don't believe in resets, but they do happen. Heisman seems to have the best interactions between player models. Other than that, I'm up for anything.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Application approved. Welcome to TSO man.

7. Archedemius

Archedemius Walk On

Thanks for having me!

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

David beat me to it, welcome bud, thanks for spending a bit more time on the app

9. Archedemius

Archedemius Walk On

Yeah, I apologize. I was having a few too many brews.