Approved New Member: Austin1990

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 13, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Austin1990,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Jun 13, 2012
    Name: Austin
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOX Austin1990
    Time Zone:Eastern US
    General Availability for User vs User games: Available mostly at night and on weekends
    Favorite Teams: Alabama, Duke, Texas A&M, UCF
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports:Looking for Online League for NCAA Football 13

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes, I was an active member of the 4th String NCAA and Madden Leagues for two years, as well as other Xbox NCAA leagues.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I have been playing primarily sports video games since childhood, on an old-school SEGA Genesis ;). I have been playing online ever since NCAA Football introduced it on XBOX Live.

3. What type of player would you say you are? As a former High school quarterback, I highly value sim style play, and playing smart, realistic football as opposed to they type of rash, repitivie play style that dominates ranked online games these days. I value the chess match of a football game over the cheap, effective plays.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I am a little bit younger than the average age, but I am also fairly serious-minded for a 21-year old, and am preparing for medical school, and have been around football for longer than many people, as i developed a love for the game at a very young age.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, the rules seem to be fair, and I appreciate 4th down regulations.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I am a college Senior, and am preparing for medical school (as mentioned above), I have played college lacrosse at the Division II level for my entire college career, and would say that my favorite hobby is playing NCAA football, as well as some madden, but I prefer college these days.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I think I would be a good fit for the community, obviously I initially want to get a feel for the site as a whole at first, but eventually could be an active contributor to the discussion boards, and to whatever league I (hopefully) get into.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Not only do I want to join a league that is consistent, realistic, and above all, fun on and off the field, but I would also like to get to know other gamers with similar interests in video game football, as well as other sports (I have been growing into a baseball fan lately), and be able to add depth to my gaming experience that is simply unavailable without the aid of a website such as TSO.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? First, whenever a situation like this arises, communication is key. I would not want to be a "finger-pointer" without first being able to see the opponent's side of what happened. If they are a repeat offender, and others have complained about a similar issue, then this is something that needs to be brought to the attention of the commisioner. If, however, they seem to be genuinely sorry about the breach and perhaps were unaware of the rules, then I would try to be forgiving and attempt to handle the issue without causing a huge disruption to league function.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I have looked through some of the leagues that involve NCAA Football, and the premier leagues all looked very appealing, but seemed to be mostly full, the other leagues (Hard4Yards, Orange Crush, etc.) looked good as well, and I would be happy with any of them. One aspect I would prefer for a league is to take lower prestige teams and build them up over a few seasons, as that gives more of a sense of accomplishment, and it takes time to earn the coveted national title.

Thanks guys! Hopefully this gives you some insight as to the type of member I would be, I am looking forward to hearing back from you, and hopefully finding a solid, fun league for the release of NCAA Football 13 on June 10, and perhaps Madden later in the summer.
  3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Jul 14, 2010
    App approved. Though, will you have time to keep up with a league while going through med school?

Welcome to TSO
  4. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Jun 13, 2012
    Awesome! I appreciate the timely response. I have asked myself that question more than a few times, but I think that my schedule now as a Student-Athlete is much more demanding than that of an average college student, and more closely resembles the schedule of a medical student in terms of the literal time commitment. Video games are part of my nightly routine to "wind down" from a stressful day, so I am not worried as much about keeping up with a league.
    • Like Like x 1