Approved New Member: Azwethinkweiz

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 7, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Azwethinkweiz,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Azwethinkweiz

Azwethinkweiz Walk On

Jul 7, 2013
    Name: Tom
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): CUTigerAlumni(XBOX), TigerRag(PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: I don't use any of those services, but I can be reached on gchat with my registered email (I'm not sure if it's shown in my profile) or on steam (Tiger Rag on there too).
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Usually anytime after 6pm ET
    Favorite Teams: Clemson Tigers
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports:
    I was in an NCAA league on NeoGAF for about the past 5 years, and when there wasn't enough interest for 2014, I was informed by one of the other league members that he was in a TSO league in the past and that I may have some luck finding a sim league over here. I'm not sure what his user name is on this site but on GAF his handle is BigPapaHusker.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I have played in an NCAA league for multiple seasons as well as a Madden league. These were both on NeoGAF.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing video games since the mid 80s and have been playing online since the late 90s.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I would say that I'm a very competitive player. I don't like to lose (who does?), but I understand no one is going to win all their games. I always congratulate the winner on a good game, but I still like to reflect on the game to figure out what I did wrong or what I can improve upon so that I can make myself a better player.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I think that falls in line with my maturity and age. If anything, I may be a bit older, though probably not any more mature.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read the rules and have no concerns. SIM style is what I'm wanting to play.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I'm a 34 year old engineer living in Charleston, SC. I have a 10 month old son that takes up all of my non-gaming time. Other than NCAA/Madden, the only game occupying my time right now is DOTA 2. When I'm not gaming, I'm usually hanging out at the beach.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I tend to be pretty vocal in league threads. Not in a taunting way, but more like talking about exciting recruiting battles, races for conference championships or national championships, and just general jesting with the other members of the league.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I hope to find a community that I can build a lasting relationship with and can compete with for the next several years.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I would probably just send them a private message explaining what I saw and to let them know that that's against the rules. It's possible that with all the rules, they may have just not known about this particular one and it was an honest mistake. If the player continued to break the rule, I would escalate it to the commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I haven't taken a hard look at any of the leagues yet, but I plan to see what's available. Preferred for me right now would be no prestige limit (only because that's the only way I can play as Clemson), but I also enjoy building a smaller program up into a national contender. I prefer to have more users per conference, just so I can get more user vs. user games. CPU games tend to be a bore, especially later on when everyone's team is built up. I realize that makes it more difficult to get a user national champion, but I think that's a small price to pay for more user games.
  3. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Jul 21, 2010
    Approved. Welcome to tso. Let us know if you need any help. Be sure to check the league openings thread.
  4. Azwethinkweiz

Azwethinkweiz Walk On

Jul 7, 2013
  5. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Jul 4, 2011
    Welcome Az!