New Member: Badger 8th

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Badger 8th, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Badger 8th

Badger 8th Walk On

New Member: Badger 8th

Name: Ben (feel free to just call me that, or my tag, cool either way)
    Gamertag: (360) Badger 8th
    Email: ben.on.wisconsin@gmail.com
    AIM: N/A
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Usually very flexible, I do work 20-30 hours per week but I find plenty of time for gaming. I will have school in the fall.
    Favorite Teams: Packers, Badgers, Twins, Bucks, Team USA soccer (and no, I am not a bandwagon fan from this summer, I have been watching since 2002)
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have commished and played in multiple NCAA 09 and 10 dynasties with my friends, and one Madden 10 franchise with my friends. Playing leagues with strangers is new to me, however.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I've been gaming my whole life, and have been an xbox live member for 5 years now.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Definetly a sim style. Nothing makes me more angry than playing an online match against someone who runs around with Mike Vick and never punts. Or exploits glitches and the like.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I don't think its a problem. I'm a college student but I think I'm pretty mature for my age.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes, they sound very fair to me. I think I'm going to print them off so I know them in more detail, as they seem very complex at this point.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Well, the long and short of it is, I BLEED CHEESE. The dairy product, I don't mean I am a cheeser, haha. I was born in western Wisconsin, but my family moved around a lot and I've been in Michigan's Upper Peninsula for most of my life. Never forgot my roots, though. I'm a huge fan of the Green Bay Packers, and also the Badgers, Bucks, and Minnesota Twins (I'm aware of the paradox, just comes from living an hour away from the Metrodome, absolutley HATE the Vikings though) I'm a student at Northern Michigan University, getting a degree in Social Studies ed, and hopefully moving on to grad school when I'm done with that.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

Well, when I ran my dynasties with my friends I was always the one hounding people to get their games in and do their recruiting and the like. I will definetly be able to get my games done on time, and be posting on forums and be responsible for recruiting. I'm excited to use the new Dynasty wire stuff this year as well.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

I really want to be in a league that lasts a LONG time. Because of everyones time constraints and whatnot none of my leagues got past 3 seasons, and it would be really great to see what a long term league looks like.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Send an XBL message or PM to the league commish. They have the experience with that, trust in their judgement.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I'd love to join one of the free NCAA dynasties. One thing with me is that if it's a BCS conference dynasty I would really love to play as Wisconsin.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Application approved. Welcome to TF, Ben.

3. Badger 8th

Badger 8th Walk On

thanks a lot!