New Member: Baron

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Baron, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Name: Frank
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): (Xbox Live GT) TheBaron51
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: YIM: fb161607
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard (Ohio, specifically)
    General Availability for User vs User games: Mostly in the evenings. More flexible at the moment as I'm on summer break, but evenings (5 p.m. EST onwards) are the best bet.
    Favorite Teams: The Ohio State Buckeyes, Ohio Bobcats, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians, and Cleveland Cavaliers
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Through a thread over at the Gaming Tailgate. Can't remember the thread, but I was looking at leagues and all indications was that TSO was where it was at, so I'm hoping to join.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? No online league experience, unfortunately. From my lurking, it looks like the TSO is a good group, so hopefully I won't stick out too much. I figure if I'm going to start playing leagues, why bother poisoning my experience with a bad league to start?

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Oh Lord, for a good long while now. I remember fighting with my sisters over the original NES. As to NCAA, I think NCAA '99 was my first trip there. As to online, I think NCAA 07 was where I finally came out of my offline shell. Again, haven't played in a league but I'm familiar with online play.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I like winning, but losing doesn't bother me. Well... it does, but not to a great degree. Some of my best games have been losses, just how they've finished, and especially because of the person I was playing with. A horrible loss to a good person is better than a great win to a jerk.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Not a problem. I think you no matter the age, you'll get good and bad, and you guys seem to sort out the bad pretty well.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have. I'm wondering about how TSO is approaching Custom Playbooks? Because custom playbooks is definitely my most looked forward to feature for NCAA 2012 (the game I want to be playing in a TSO league for). But I also understand that there might be concerns about competitive balance and fairness and things like that involved. So I'm just wondering about the discussion/any determinations that TSO has made on using custom playbooks in the leagues. If there's a thread that I could get a link to, or if you guys want to leave it up to the leagues, let me know.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Well I'm a 22 year old journalism student who loves football about as much as anyone humanly can. Played OT/DT in high school and was ok at it (Ok, it was Division 4, let me have my glory days!) My senior season we went 7-3 but won our league after defeating a, at the time, 9-0 state runner up. One of the best moments of my life. But yea, I'm an avid gamer, history nut, politically inclined sort. Hoping to be able to find a league I can stick with.​
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? Honestly, I hope I'll be able to ingratiate myself in this community faster than I usually do. When I go somewhere new on the interwebz, I tend not to make my presence known. But once I do, it'll be impossible to get rid of me.​

But, to add another question, how is it that the community is participated in? Like posting game recaps from our league in that forum, strategy, etc. I guess my question is: what's the best way for me to get involved in TSO?​

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I hope to get a league that I can stay consistent with. Something that'll keep my interest in NCAA throughout the year. And another forum to talk shop during the football seasons, as my current forum haunts aren't really sports oriented.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? First thing is to let them know about it, politely. Maybe they don't know they're doing it, or don't know it's against the rules. Speaking as new user (who had to reread the rules thread and watch the video twice to wrap my head around it) I'd want more experienced users to let me know I was doing something wrong before going to the commish or other people.​
    If they keep doing it, I'd let them know I was contacting the commish or whoever I need to and then do that. Hopefully with video and images.
    10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? In the rules thread, there was a link to the league description thing but then it just went to the forums itself. I flitted in to some of the leagues and read their rules and a lot of them look good. I don't know if it's indicative but the Coast2Coast one looked like something I'd want to do. By that I mean I really want my first league to be a coaching carousel 1* / 2* coordinator and then move up the ranks, seeing as that, along with custom playbooks, is my most looked forward to feature. Then maybe, if I find the cash to pay for multiple leagues, I'll want to play a 6* HC league. (Do new leagues start up often or do you need to get in before or right at release?)

Wow, that was a lot, hopefully not too much. Hope to hear about my status soon.Thanks!​

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Love your attitude! Approved, welcome to TSO and hope you enjoy your time here.

3. Baron

Awesome sauce! Now I just need to find myself a league!

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

In answer to your question with participation, you will get out what you put in. There are general forums and the league specific forums to stay active in. I know there are some 'new guy' dynasties going around that are recruiting right now. Also, if you become interested in becoming a premier member which will then grant you some site perks including the chat box, which is a great way to interact with users, it will also make you eligible for the premier leagues on the site.

5. Baron

Cool. Where are the new guy dynasties? I mean, I'm look through the leagues here and I can't tell the difference. Or am I just not looking properly?

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You want to look at the non premier dynasties. There are also several dynasties being advertised in this new member lounge area looking for guys