New Member: bdub

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by bdub, Jul 26, 2010.

1. bdub

bdub Walk On

New Member: bdub

Name: Brandon Wintle
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): utgamer27
    Email: uttrader@gmail.com
    AIM: freedomreality
    Time Zone: Mountain Time Zone
    General Availability: Usually at night.
    Favorite Teams: University of Utah
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I've played in an NCAA online league last year over at Operation Sports

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Been playing about 20 years, online for the last 10.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I am a player that cares about winning but cares more about having a fun and competitive game even if I don't win. I do not cheat or do anything under handed to win.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I am 29 so right in the average age group

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I have read them and have no concerns.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I am 29 years old and live in Utah. I am married with 2 kids. I love football and college football the most.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? Very active,

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? Having the chance to be in a online dynasty and be part of a great community.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would ask them first to make sure it wasnt just an accident. If it continues to happen I would report them to the league admin.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I have looked over a few and they look great.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Rejected. Our community has no interest in players who are primarily concerned with winning and will try to do so at all costs.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wow dude that was a terrible response in this community SMDH

[​IMG]

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Wow I guess he gets credit for being honest but wow

5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Another one Bites the Dust..

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

I'm sorry. I just meant its important for me to be the best. To be the best you have to win. Thats why this place looks great. As far as I can see all of you are very competitive and serious about the game and being succesful in your given league. Are competitive players not what you are looking for?

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Further more I never said I wanted to win at all costs...I just said my aim is to win.

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

You said pull out all stops. That looks like bending rules to win to everyone

9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

ND was on the $$ there.. We do like having competitive players here, but we have had many problems with those who make it obvious that they only care about winning in their application. You're statement about "pulling out all stops to win" is a concern, because this translates to, " I will concede sim gameplay and start cheesing to win as necessary", which is completely what this community wants to avoid..

If you take the time to edit your response to the question, we may reconsider approving your app..

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Whatever point you were trying to display about your competitive nature, you didn't make it sound very good. Almost like if you need to cheat to win, than so be it...

11. bdub

bdub Walk On

I understand that wat I put left a lot to the imagination. I should have been more clear that while winning is very important, having fun and enjoying a true sim game is more important.

I have edited my response to reflect this and hope you will reconsider my application.

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Things may be turning around in this application, but I want to post this anyways, lol.

[YOUTUBE]V4UfAL9f74I[/YOUTUBE]

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

Haha Very Nice

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have a tough time believing that a 29 year old guy, married, with 2 kids would be so inclined to cheat to win. I think that was a lot of speculation by the powers that be -- can we let this guy in on a probationary status? If he was 19 and said that I would totally agree, but something just seems off about the jumping to conclusions on this one.

My $0.02, even though it wasn't asked for. Carry on

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thanks Basis4aDay56 I appreciate the good word. I should have been more clear in my answer. Looking at it from an admin point of view I can really see why you have to be very careful. Everyone here really seems like a great group of people and I really would love to play some great sim games with you all.

16. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Thanks for clarifying your post bdub.. Sorry to pry so much on the app, but the first impressions we get from the apps really help us place or remove guys from TF..

That being said, Application approved

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks for just saying no.... Welcome to TF

[​IMG]

18. bdub

bdub Walk On

Thanks guys I understand how careful you have to be and I really appreciate you taking another look at my application.