New Member: BigBodySS

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Apr 25, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome BigBodySS,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Name: Sean​
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): BigBodySS (xbox)​
    AIM: Yahoo - BigBodySS​
    Time Zone: EST​
    General Availability: I work 8-5 M-F and sometimes work an evening shift. I'm usually available around 6 or 7PM EST during the week. Weekend mornings are best for me, 9-10AM EST.​
    Favorite Teams: Florida State for all things college. Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons for respective leagues.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I've known about Tradition for a number of years from lurking at NCAA Utopia and OS. I don't post a whole lot but I'm almost always around and available to chime in when needed/warranted. The first time I heard about TF was via Hellisan's sig on one of those two sites. I checked it out but at the time was working 3 jobs and knew I couldn't commit. However the format (straight sim, which is all I play) and the close-knit camaraderie that was evident piqued my interest. I knew that if I ever got an opportunity for my schedule to open up I'd be back.​

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes, plenty. I've run my own NCAA dynasty with my cousin and 3-4 friends for about 7 years now. We started when we were mailing memory cards around (thank god that's over with). we've since taken it online and it's an extremely low-pressure league (read: we don't advance every day) that continues on and forever will I imagine. I borrowed an OS user's idea for a coaching points system to progress through different universities and expounded on it. It's taken our dynasty to a whole new level because of the importance of having a good season. However we do not tolerate any cheese at all. Everyone being friends makes it easier to police as we just don't want to piss each other off. I've also done Madden leagues but they simply don't hold my interest like NCAA, it will always be my #1 game.​
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Hmm, I've been playing video games for 25 years now or so. I remember playing Pong when it first game out and then progressed to Cliff Hanger and Frogger on my Atari 2600. My first online play experience was the NFL2K series on the Dreamcast. Lagging was horrible but I had gotten taste of the future, and it was good.​

3. What type of player would you say you are? Completely straight up player. I run the ball, play defense and appreciate a well fought loss more than a blow-out win. I don't care about losing, it's not the end result but the journey that matters to me. If I lose to a straight-up player that is just good with the sticks then I'm happy. I detest losing to BS, which is why I never play randoms online.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I'm 30 myself, so it works out perfectly. I'm married, not with kids yet but probably soon, so I appreciate the constraints responsibilities can put on life. I look forward to having like-minded folks to participate with. Too many leagues with 17-y.o. kids has soured me some on the general dynasty, it's why I finally came looking for TF.​

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? None. If anything they're less strict than our rules.​

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm born and raised in Tallahassee, FL. After graduating from Florida State University I moved to Atlanta for a number of years to work for the Braves and Hawks and eventually moved back to Tallahassee because A) I'm a die hard Seminole. I realized I spent more time in Tallahassee because of football/basketball/baseball games than I did in Atlanta, and I lived and worked there; and B) hopefully my wife and I will start a family soon and all of our family lives here. I'm a sports nut, but only Football/Basketball/Baseball, can't really follow the others. I've played Fantasy sports for about 15 years now and continue to commish leagues of varying keeper rules in all 3 of the major sports.​
    7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? Like I said before, I'm much more of a lurker but that doesn't mean I won't post if something strikes me. I just enjoy reading other people's takes and trying to learn from their expertise. I play all my games (hate simming any game), I recruit obsessively: I use a notebook to keep season-to-season recruiting notes. Yes, I do that for made-up computer recruits, I realize I'm ridiculous. :)

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? I hope to join a league that's a low-to-moderate pressure league. I just can't keep up with a dynasty that advances every day b/c of life responsibilities. I really hope to find a group of guys that will play the game the right way and not cheat/cheese/exploit for the almighty W. As I said before, I've researched/lurked TF for about years now so I'm positive I'm in the right place.​

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Hmm, it's all about context. It might be a new guy just like me that isn't clear on all the rules. I'll attempt to chat or send a message to better explain the rules. If that's ignored I'll finish out the game to the best of my ability w/o quitting (I'll never stoop to that level, I'll just take an L if he won't quit abusing the AI) and record some plays via highlights to help make my point with the commissioner. I think a concise email detailing the transgressions should be sufficient to eliminate the cheese.​

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I have not yet had a chance to look at leagues. I know that I do not like to start with powerhouse squads. I like leagues that start little and grow big in terms of schools. In my dynasty I started at FAU and after 5 years I'm now at Purdue. I can't wait to start digging through the leagues and finding the one that works for me. If anyone reads my profile and feels I'm a good fit I'd be honored to get an invite.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great Application Sean! Application Approved. Welcome to TSO!

4. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Thanks! I'm excited to be apart of TSO. Now I need to start researching some leagues and see if I'm suitable for an invite.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Good job on the application, I like to see people who can put a coherent thought together.:)