Approved New Member: BlkNGld

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 10, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome BlkNGld,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. BlkNGld

BlkNGld Walk On

Jul 10, 2012

Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):

Playstation "BlkNGld"

Could use both Skype and Facetime via the IPAD...just don't recall my usernames off the top of my head.

Time Zone:

Mountain (Wyoming)

General Availability for User vs User games:

Generally in the evenings and random times on the weekends. My 5 year old is with me on the weekends so no real specific times. Usually have no problem finding some time during the week for a game.

Favorite Teams:

NCAA (Penn State (grew up in State College), Wyoming (season ticket holder, though they are always pretty bad in the game), and North Dakota (my alma mater...not usually in the game)

Madden (Steelers (grandparents lived about 5 houses down from Chuck Noll growing up and Dad was friends with Mel way I was NOT going to be a Steelers Fan!)

NHL ( real cool story or anything...just a fan)

MLB (You guessed it...Pirates!! Baseball season is always REALLY long...though this year is shaping up nicely! )

How did you hear about Tradition Sports:

Noticed the posting in an email from EA sports. Hadn't heard of the league before so I thought I would check it out!

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

It has been YEARS since I was in my last league, but it was so much fun while I was in one. Was in a Madden league on SIMDADDY about a year after network availability became a reality on PS2. Had some great games there. One of the other competitors and I always seemed to meet up in big games. He won the first 4 of our meetings as I tried gameplan after gameplan to get him off his game...more blitzes, less blitzes, zone, bump, name it! Finally started breaking through and won 3 of our last 4. Playing him truly made me a better player as I had to plan and really focus on what he was doing.

Played in a few NCAA leagues, but they all folded or had way too much unrealistic play in it.

Have always enjoyed leagues as I have met some great people and the competition is always so fun.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

Have been playing video games ever since the first Atari 2600 system. In addition to the Atari, I also had a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Playstation 1, 2 and 3, gameboy, PSP and WII. Football....really, all sports or driving games are definitely my relaxation of choice.

I really haven't played much online since I left those leagues. I got so sick of the unrealistic play that I would rather just play the computer and adjust sliders to make the game as realistic as possible. Furthermore, online can seem a bit daunting if you aren't used to it.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Definitely a SIM player. Don't believe in putting players at unnatural positions...except motioning a RB out to WR every so often...or taking advantage of AI and sprinting back 20 yards and heaving a bomb. Try to play a realistic game...have found those are the most exciting...and frustrating!!! :)
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I am pretty close to that average age at 36 so have no issues whatsoever.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I have read the rules and think they are great! My only real concern would be remembering them...takes a little bit of time to absorb them so I could see an unintentional breach of one of them happening until they all become second nature. Most of them seem to be protecting sim style play so probably just use common sense, don't call the same play all the time, and treat the game like chess and I should be good!

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Lets see...I was born in Columbus, Ohio and lived there until I was 15. Moved to State College, PA for High parents still live there. Went to the University of North Dakota for school where I became a huge hockey fan...Long Live the Fighting Sioux!! Was married for 6 years but am now divorced...have a 5 year old son that is with me every weekend. I am the Director of an Aviation related entity in Cheyenne, WY, where I have lived for over 11 years. I am a licensed pilot but haven't flown a plane since 1998. In addition to the whole video game thing to relax, I also play golf, rollerblade, am getting into RC aircraft and purchased a racing go kart several years ago that I am hoping to get back out on the track again in the near future.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

Ultimately, just being an active member helping to make the group fun in any way I it through thoughts on different topics, participation, anything. Kind of hard to know really how I would fit in until I see everything else.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

I would just love to be involved in a group that has as much fun playing sports games as I do. Competition is one of the great things in life (as long as it isn't taken too seriously) and I LOVE being able to say that I am playing a great game against an opponent halfway across the county from me. While I, like anyone, love to win, I find that I learn a great deal more when I lose!

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I have always believed that the best way to handle conflict is directly. As I said above, even I am a bit nervous about forgetting the rules from time to time so I would pause and offer a simple reminder. If it resulted in points, have found that one of the best way to handle that is you keep playing as if the points weren't scored. If that doesn't work for one reason or another, you can simply agree to move forward and have the commissioner decide the best course of action under that scenario. I am pretty much game for any resolution, as long as it is fair.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I have only looked around a bit...would definitely be interested in both Madden and NCAA. Haven't ever been in a golf, hockey or baseball league but those could be fun as well. Just wouldn't want to get so involved that I can't meet my game commitments. As far as setup, unsure exactly what is meant by that numbers, games per week, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Great App, BlkNGld

Application approved. Welcome to TSO. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    bamagrad - this looks like a solid guy.
  5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Jun 11, 2009