New Member: Booger_Mac

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 18, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Booger_Mac,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Jan 31, 2011
    Boog send me a PM after you get approved
  3. Booger_Mac

Booger_Mac Walk On

Jul 18, 2011
    Name: Matthew
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Booger_Mac (PS)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: n/a
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Most nights from 1900 - 2200; longer hours on weekends
    Favorite Teams: Fulham, DC United, US Soccer, Washington Nationals
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Friends

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Very little. Played a few league games in 2010 with friends, but had to drop due to deployment.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I've been playing since my Atari days as a young'un, so about 20+ years. I've played games online off-and-on since the introduction of online gaming.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Casual, but competitive. I laugh at myself constantly when playing video games, especially sports games because of the dumb mistakes I make.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I have a family (wife and two kids) and a job that many don't understand; therefore, dealing with mature individuals who understand when I may have to deal with family issues or "go away" for a week, six months, or a year depending on the situation. Also, I'm hoping to surround myself with a lot of mature people with similar interests.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read as many rules and regulations as I could find. I do not currently have any questions.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Well, first off, I have a wife and two kids. I'm currently in the US Air Force (active duty) and loving life. I enjoy anything with my family, playing softball, watching / studying baseball and soccer, and anything mathematics. I'm a student at University of Maryland studying Computer Science and Mathematics.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

Those who have dealt with me in the past know that I'm very easy going and like to have fun. My job has also allowed me to see parts of the world others will never see (and for good reason), so I believe I'll bring a wealth of experience outside of video games to the site. Overall, I think I'll fit in great with the core group here and make some new gamer friends in the process.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Some fun, cheese-free, competitive online game play.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    First, I send the individual a message (at half-time, during TO, etc.) asking them about the situation. I'm a a believer in handling everything at the lowest level. If I cannot work it out directly with the individual, I will follow the league's procedures for notifying the correct individuals.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    Only looked into the FIFA (PS3) league. I have a few friends whom play in the league currently and gave me a "head's up" about TSO and the leagues. I like how the league is currently setup, thus, why I'm trying to join the site and get approval to play.
  4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
  5. Booger_Mac

Booger_Mac Walk On

Jul 18, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome David.