New Member: Bornthreat

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 23, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Bornthreat,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Bornthreat

Bornthreat Walk On

Jun 23, 2011
    Name: Born
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Bornthreat (XBOX)
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Anynight from 9p-12a, but flexible if needed
    Favorite Teams: Straight Chicago!! Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks, White Sox, U of I
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: From one of my tightest boys "Mad Money Merk"

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes, Merc and myself started a sim online league approximately 13 years ago... The MCFL! At that time we had to roll with LeagueDaddy to handle our stats, and later progressed as the game provided online leagues. We did Madden for the first 9 or 10 years, and we basically played from August to May. When Madden became unbearable to play we switched to NCAA and rolled that hard for 3 out of the last 4 years. We averaged around 10-12 season between August & May. We would take turns being the Commish and the other would be 2nd in command. We always ran a tight ship and didn't tolerate any glitching, cheating or basic unsim gameplay. Unfortunately it was always difficult to find quality sim players to coincide with our quality sim rules. I was also in a Forza league once as well, it was pretty fun, but didnt last long.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? LOL Since I was able to hold a controller. I started with The first Nintendo NES & Colecovision and have never stopped. I've been online since it was available... I'm a gamer ...period!

3. What type of player would you say you are? Methodical, strategic, sim, perfectionist, true sportsman, risk taker, aggressive & creative.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? The more mature the better. I've been running leagues long enough to have figured out that the older the player the better chance you have for a mature player. I'm cool with any age as long as he can follow "ALL the rules ALL the time!" (That was one of our league motto's lol)

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? NOPE, no concerns.... It's funny, I was talking to Merk and we were laughing because it looks like you stole most of our rules. LOL But no questions or concerns, I just ask that the rules be enforced.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. If this place is as good as it sounds, then I'll be here til it runs out. LOL I'm a Single parent, of 3. (2 boys & a baby girl) I coach baseball, softball & football and am a Commissioner at the park my kids play at. For my 9-5, I work for AT&T. I played baseball & Football all my life and up into college... and therefore respect the game and how it is played. (even when its on a video game)

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? From what I have seen and read so far, I feel like I've been a mamber for years already, but just hadn't signed up. lol The detailed rules, adjustments to increase fair play, and emphasis on fairness and SIM play, while stamping out unsim play/players is what we've been looking for for years! I feel like this could be home. lol

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Exactly what we tried to create... a great fun, realistic & SIM environment where people can play and let their talents and efforts dictate the winner instead of who has found the latest glitch or nano. When its all said and done there's nothing like playing a good clean game where you can take pride in your win and if you lose tip your hat to your opponent for being the better man that day. (until next time lol)

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? First of all FINISH the GAME, you never quit! (ANother one of our motto's lol) I would first of all try to contact my opponent to alert him that he is violating the rules. If that doesnt work or he won't respond then I would contact the commish and notify him of the situation with clear and precise details of his infractions. And if needed I would send him a copy of the infraction because I usually record my games. But I would hope it wouldnt have to come to that, but if it did: I would give all the info to the Commish and let him take it from there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I'm kind of like a kid in a candy store right now. lol So I'm taking it all in and looking forward to playing. I'm going to run NCAA Football for now, and if I had to choose now I would like to get into Juggernaut since my boy MadMoneyMerk is in that one and he has always been an outstanding friend and competitor so I think it would be fun to kick it with him for starters.
  3. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Oct 26, 2009
    Born ya need to be in The Huddle with an Illinois man like myself!! Cheez is another IL fan on the site as well.
  4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Application Approved.

Welcome to TSO Born.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Oct 26, 2009
    Born, I went ahead and added ya to The Huddle Roster and U of I is all yours!