Approved New Member: Brett

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 11, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Brett,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. bbrech0610

bbrech0610 Walk On

Name: Brett
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): bbrech0610
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: breckenridg55 (AIM)
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: 6-11 PM on weeknights (CT)
    Favorite Teams: Florida State, Kansas State
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: From the EA Sports message boards

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I used to play and run several of my own NCAA seasons online back before online dynasties were put into the NCAA game (PS2 days). After spending six years in school, I stopped playing video games entirely and am slowly getting back into it.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I touched a little on this above but I have been playing video games since the PS2 first allowed you to. I have not played in an online PS3 league but have played a lot of FIFA 12 online ranked matches since getting a PS3 last year.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'm not sure I could honestly tell you because I haven't played many of the newer versions of NCAA. I used to be a pretty good NCAA player on PS2 that would thrive on timely passing and aggressive user-controlled defense but I certainly do not have those skills anymore :)

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I would prefer to play with an older demographic of working professionals for various reasons. One, I believe it fits my maturity level. But it is also nice because I am now a working professional who can only play after work and do not have the time to play 10 games a day.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes I have read them and they look very straightforward. I prefer playing a sim-style game. The only question/concern I have is regarding 4th downs and the note that certain situations vary on a league-by-league basis. With some teams having really crappy kickers, I would hope it is okay to go for it on 4th down if you are between the 30-40 yard lines if you feel your kicker does not have the power to make a field goal but are too close to punt.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I grew up in south Florida and went to Florida State, hence my passion for the Seminoles. I also have many family ties to Kansas State, so I am passionate about the Wildcats, as well. I currently work in public relations in sports and enjoy officiating high school sports and spending time with my girlfriend.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Honestly, I know very little about the TSO community, other than it appears to be very well-organized and have many mature members based on the message board posts I have seen. Since I have been away from gaming for so long, I really don't know much about online communities these days but it seems as if many people speak very highly of the TSO community so I hope I will fit in.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I hope I can find an enjoyable gaming experience where I can play NCAA Football against actual humans and simulate my passion for real college football as much as I can. After all, that is why we love video games, right?

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I would pause the game, make note of the situation, and then contact the commissioner or whomever is in charge of handling these situations in my league.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have checked a few out. It appears there is more action on the forums of people looking for leagues then actual leagues available (at least for the PS3). The league that NDCOLTS1979 set up looks promising because of the timing of advances (72 hours) and overall commitment/maturity level the league seeks. I saw that more recently, bamagrad was hosting a league but the 12 minute quarters scared me off a bit. I am very open to any kind of leagues (including ones with subpar teams) but would prefer to play 2-3 games per week and have 5-8 minute quarters so I can finish a game in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for setting this up - it looks like it should be a great time!

• Like Like x 1
  3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

4. bbrech0610

bbrech0610 Walk On

Thanks, RynoAid! Looking forward to it!

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

6. bbrech0610

bbrech0610 Walk On

MCYork, thanks for the invitation! I actually just joined The Blue Chips and don't want to stretch myself too thin so I'm probably going to decline your offer for now. Perhaps later if I find I can handle more than one! Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

np man gl in blue chips have fun on the site