Approved New Member: Brettmonty

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 5, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Brettmonty,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Name: Brett Montgomery
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): brettmonty (PSN)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: NA
    Time Zone: Cental
    General Availability for User vs User games: Evenings, almost anytime on the weekends
    Favorite Teams: Oklahoma State, Oklahoma City Thunder, Houston Texans
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Via link from OperationSports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Yes, I have hosted leagues for a few years now with my friends in Ncaa, and a few in madden.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games since the Nintendo 64. Been playing online since Ncaa 10

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Being Oklahoma St fan and a WR my entire football career I love to throw the ball, and find the weak spot in the coverage before the snap. But I try to run the ball as much as possible to keep the opponent off balance. I am respectful to my opponent and when im winning big I run the clock instead of running up the score. I can take a loss and not quit a league or talk down about what my opponent did.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I just turned 22 so im not to far off that age, I have no problem with age differences
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes i have read it, and i understand.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Im currently a college student studying to be a history teacher, well actually a Football coach but you have to be a teacher to do that. With that I'm pretty much free most nights. I played football and basketball most my life, so i get pretty competitive person. I am really competitive gamer but I never let it get the best of me when i lose because we all lose so i can handle losing a game against anyone.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Love to just talk sports and video games with anyone, and get there insight on the subject, and give my subject on it. So i should fit in just right

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    To interacting with other players, playing in competitive leagues that just love the game

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Just notify him that he was breaking one of the rules in the league and let him know what he did wrong to fix it. If he does it again I'll notify the comish what rule he broke.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    Havent checked any of the leagues yet but i would like to join a league with Oklahoma state but i would also like one with a star limit

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Nice Application.

Welcome to TSO.

4. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Thanks, I'm glad to be here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Read your profile. Just a tip from a new teacher to an aspiring teacher. Make sure you get ESE certified. It makes you more marketable and it is a lot easier to get a job. I thought I'd never get my foot in the door, but I became ESE certified and had to turn down job offers.

6. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Thanks for the info, I will defiantly be doing that now.

7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

What is the ESE certification?

8. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Exceptional Student Education. They put all kids with disabilities and even gifted kids under one umbrella. I can't speak for every state, but I know a lot of states are moving towards placing all ESE kids in general education classrooms with their non-disabled peers. That is why the demand for ESE certified teachers is so high.

9. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Interesting. I work in Texas and know our district takes a similar approach to our SPED kids but have never heard of the ESE cert. I'll definitely look into it.