New Member - BrntO4Life

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by BrntO4Life, Jun 12, 2010.

1. BrntO4Life

BrntO4Life World's Youngest Geezer

New Member - BrntO4Life

Name: Josh Miller
    360 Gamertag: Turtlesauce
    Email: joshuak.miller@gmail.com
    AIM: IAmAFastBagger (rarely use)
    Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
    General Availability: Nights
    Favorite Teams: Texas Longhorns
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Remember seeing forum sigs on MM, OS, and VSN

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I was involved in an online dynasty for NCAA Football 09 and am currently the commissioner of an online franchise for Madden NFL 10.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing games as far back as I can remember. I'd guess 20 years (Dad got me started early). The first online game I ever played was SOCOM II on the PS2, which was about 8 years ago.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Competitive, but not aggressive. No one likes losing, but I appreciate the realism that comes with it.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Age-wise I am a bit younger than the average crowd here, but I know many of these guys from MM, OS, VSN and the like. As a gamer, I feel I'm a great deal more mature than the average kid you'd find on Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes. No.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm a long-time gamer and a big fan of sports video games. I've been involved in the online sports gaming community for a while now and absolutely LOVE EA Sports' implementation of online dynasty in the NCAA series (online franchise in Madden, not so much).

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? Don't really have a plan at this point. I'm usually fairly active wherever I go forum-wise, but nothing has kept me as active as MaddenMania did. I guess you could say I'm looking for a replacement in that way.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? Fun, sim football with a bunch of like-minded gamers.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would first pause the game to inform them of the rule(s) broken and continue playing. If the infringing play continues, finish the game in keeping with league rules and bring it to the forums afterwards for discussion with the league commissioner.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    I haven't had a chance to dive into the leagues. I'm specifically looking for leagues that offer either:
    A.) Playing with smaller schools
    B.) Unified conference leagues or leagues where all of the users compete in 1 or 2 conferences.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Welcome to TF Josh.. Application Approved.. I hope that you find TF to be everything MM was and more! We encourage our members to add their comments to our sports chatter and miscellaneous talks in the top forums, so feel free to dive right in and add your opinions as you see fit..

3. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

At the Cradle, we offer both of these things: our starting leagues are the MAC and the CUSA, which don't exactly house any powerhouses, and as we'll have 3 users in each division in 2 conferences, we'll have some great user matchups and some heated Conference Championship races.

I hope to hear from you soon about interest in our league, the Cradle. It's going to be a good one.

4. BrntO4Life

Thanks! I'm excited to be here.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

hahaha...they called you Josh!

6. BrntO4Life

? I had to put it in my application, afterall.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hey man! Welcome aboard, there isn't much of a soapbox here but other than that I think you'll really like the guys here and that will make you wanna show up and communicate....