New Member: calirage

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by calirage, Jul 11, 2011.

1. calirage

calirage Walk On

about Tradition Football:

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    Yes, Operation Sports, FGC (Furious Gaming Community), E-athlete.net, Pasta Padre. Madden and NCAA online franchise and dynasty's.
    2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    Since I was a young kid, I'm 32 so since Atari came out whenever that was. Online I would say for about 5 or 6 years.
    3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I am a quality sim player, I enjoy quite a few different sports games. I only enjoy playing a sim opponent though, this being the main reason I am here at Tradition.
    4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I love that most people here are a bit older than your average gamer, though with the way things are these days I'm not sure that the average gamer is as young as they once were.
    5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes I have, no questions.
    6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I played football basketball and baseball as a kid and young man. Had a traumatic brain injury as a senior in high school while playing football (subdural hematoma), that was the end of my sports career. However, I think that is also part of the reason I love playing sports video games. After being hurt, I couldnt do much for the first couple of months. So reading and madden where my life at that point. That is without a doubt where my love for playing in a franchise or dynasty started, and it continues on today in my 30's. I live on a Ranch in Southern Cali, with my girl Sam who is a nurse. And we are about to pick up our new puppy next month (Cane Corso). I work for myself and had been investing in real estate these past 10 years, most of you will understand why I am now exploring other avenues of income. Currently I help my father run the ranch where I live.
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?I am a easy going guy, and avid sports nut. Not just sports video games, I watch sports all the time. From UFC, Boxing, Football, Baseball, Basketball, hell I even watch high school football sometimes. I like to think I am mature, though I would be lying if I said I have never had a blow up with a online opponent. I play sim, even at the expense of losing to less skilled opponents sometimes. Ala trying to box a spam body puncher in fight night champion, or not user catching in Online Dynastys against people who regardless of the rules are jumping my passes and switching players when they know it isnt allowed in said league.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?about Tradition Football:

Most of all to play in leagues where the people are dependable, and respectfull of their peers. Maybe I am just cranky and older than the average gamer, but sometimes when I set aside time to play a person out of my schedule and that person doesnt show up or does and then makes a mockery of the rules, it pisses me off a lil bit. Not enough to break anything, but enough to want to bow out of the league. It trully is hard to find a good fit when gaming online in a dynasty or franchise. So that's why I am here, to play against other like minded adults who want to win. But more than that want to experience something close to what it lookes like in real life.
    9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?Always the same, I will handle the business by pm. If it can not be resolved between the other person and myself, then I may try to involve the commish. But to be honest, with most sim players none of that is ever needed. IMHO the biggest problem out there is that many people consider themselves sim when they are not. Being a quality player and being a sim player are 2 seperate things. Example, I played in a great league last year, I wont mention the site. All user games were great, minus two of them. One I dealt with because I dont think the guy meant to be un-sim he just was young and didnt know much about playcalling. ANother however caused me to quit the dynasty, dude had been running money plays on me all game long, and also been user catching here and there when that was not allowed. He was a quality player, just not following the league rules. He was up by 14 late in the 4th, I believe he was on the 5 yard line about to score and go up by 21. Instead of just running the ball in, or finishing the game. He got busy doing something else, and had 3 straight delay of game penalties. I declined the first two because I thought maybe he was in the bathroom, then as I hit the ps button to send him a pm asking him what the problem was. He all of the sudden hikes the ball and scores from just outside the ten. I was having a bad day and sent him a spitefull message that included many cuss words lol. Right or wrong, that is just disrespectfull to me. I chose not to make a big issue out of it to the commish because I was a relative new commer to the league. SO I let the individual know how I felt about it, and told the commish I was dropping. As a grown up, I dont like having to tattle on people, I would rather hash it out with the person in question than go running to the authority figure.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested

I am interested in any Sim NCAA 12 dynasty, I enjoy building a school from the bottom. Or if its a powerhouse dynasty Im down to run with a stacked squad.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way a tech guy, in other words I have no problem doing write ups about my team, pre-season write ups, game review's, etc. But I dont know much about computer stuff, I dont really know how to get graphics and make cool customized pictures, sig's, etc. I just wanted to be up front about that. I will not miss games, I will be dedicated, I will talk friendly shit with other members. I have tons of experience in the gaming dept, and I know a lot about football and sports in general. But dont expect much from me as far as gif's,graphics, video's,etc. I am not the guy to invite to your league if looking for someone who can add some cool graphics based flair, I am a straight up old school ex-athlete who knows jack shit about computers and tons about football. Thanks for your time

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Approved, welcome back to TSO

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On