Approved New Member: chance17

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, May 8, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome chance17,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. chance17

chance17 Walk On

May 8, 2012
    Name: Michael Chance
    PSN: cashmanjenkins
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: don't use any, but I have a skype account
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: 7-11 PM
    Favorite Teams: Murray State University (bball), University of South Carolina (can we 4-peat in baseball and can Spurrier get us a repeat double-digit win season without Ellis Johnson as D-coordinator???), for professional sports I route for players usually and not so much for teams.

How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Coverage of NCAA 13, directed here by another member of the operation sports forum

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? Yes
    What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? NCAA
    Where? Originated on

2. How long have you been playing video games? 20+ yrs (is that bad?)
    How long have you been playing online? sports…since CH2k8

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I like to talk and joke, but I don't talk trash. Everyone wants to win, but I know I'm going to lose some (especially after reading the forums) and know how to enjoy a good game either way (nobody likes a blowout or a stat padder). e.g I remember playing NCAA 11 online with this random guy who had Utah and was great at the run. He tore me up on the ground and beat me by 10, but it was a great game that I really enjoyed. I don't get ticked at other people easily, but I do get upset with myself when I execute poorly.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? What I'm used to from my previous leagues.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Yes (for NCAA football)
    Any questions or concerns? Same rules I'm used to. Too bad the game doesn't factor in weight so we can do position changes realistically ;)

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Ph.D. candidate in inorganic chemistry at the University of South Carolina (go Gamecocks). Completed a B.S. at Murray State University (go Racers!!!). I'm excited about getting in a league again (didn't purchase NCAA 12). I prefer to have a league with ppl with headsets so we can communicate easier because messages take forever for people without keyboards and I prefer talking instead of reading text. My favorite part of the game is recruiting and building up schools. I still play NCAA 08 every once in a while when I get tired of 11's crappy recruits because it has FCS schools and scouting with built in booms and busts. I play CH2k8 somewhat often because of its recruiting features in dynasty.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    From what I've read, the people on here have the same mindset as I do and are as excited as I am about NCAA 13.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Good, competitive games that force me to get better and leagues that aren't full of people running the goal-line, wishbone, or power-T every play. Arcade-style play and I don't mix. Leagues that span more than 4 seasons without collapsing would be nice.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Depends on how bad a grievance it is and how often it happens. If its petty, I probably just take a mental note and possibly send the league commish a note if it is detracting from the game so they can keep track and see if a pattern is forming. If its blatantly out of line with the expectations of the league, I would say something to the other player via message or headset. If they aren't willing to correct it, we finish the game and talk to the commish about what happened.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I'm joining now in anticipation of the release of NCAA 13. I still have 11, so if the commish still has a copy I could meet them and play a couple of games. I would be interested in open leagues (any conference) that have a star cap, dual-conference leagues are nice (I was in SEC/Big10 league that worked out well), or favorite teams league (give me South Carolina unless we can import FCS schools).
  3. chance17

chance17 Walk On

May 8, 2012
    meant 3-peat, sorry about the typo...
  4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Feb 9, 2009
  5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Application approved. Welcome to TSO Michael
  6. chance17

chance17 Walk On

May 8, 2012
    Pre-ordered '13 last night, so I am going to be anxious until July. Thanks guys.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
  8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Jul 27, 2009
    I'm planning on picking up one here soon