Approved New Member: ChicagoSeminole

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome ChicagoSeminole,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. ChicagoSeminole

ChicagoSeminole Walk On

Jul 25, 2012
    Name: Ryan
    Time Zone: Central Chicago
    General Availability for User vs User games: Most weekends, and anytime after 5pm-2am
    Favorite Teams: I only follow college football and soccer. I am an FSU graduate, and I follow the premier league and bundesliga, Bayern & Arsenal
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: I just came across the this website.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

The only leagues I have played were 3 or 4 online dynasties in NCAA. Unfortunately, I haven't been in one that lasts more than two seasons, usually due to poor "commishing" I have played probably 30 years of offline dynasties over the years.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I guess I got my first Nintendo when I was 8, then I had a Sega Genesis, PSONE, PS2, and PS3. In college I played my roomates XBOX. I have played FIFA since 08.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

The only games I play on my PS3 are NCAA, FIFA, and sometimes Madden.

In NCAA, I am probably pretty average. I understand "real" football concepts and try to implement them into the game. I tend to be conservative and ball control on offense. Once I get a touchdown or 2 lead, I tend to get a little too "conservative" because I am not very good at passing the ball. On defense I play mostly soft zone and wait for a chance to create a turnover. I do tend to scramble with the QB, but in my opinion I do it in realistic conditions like 3rd and long with everyone covered in deep zones. I am trying to learn to play with the safety.

In, FIFA I am probably better than most, I have played almost 1000 user vs user games in FIFA12. I am currently in the Div I online with 3 Div I championships and 6 "Premier" cup wins. Not sure how the rules are here, but I play all "manual" controls except for shooting because I have never been able to figure it out. I am really good with the skill moves, so when people play "high-pressure" instead of real defense, I tend to dominate. The game is really hard against people that play defense correctly though.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

Sounds like I fit in the age demographic, unfortunately

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes I have read the rules. They seem fair.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I grew up in Florida, and moved to Chicago about 3 years ago. I am a sales executive for a small company in the suburbs. I am married with a seven month old daughter. I like offshore fishing, and reading classical literature and history. My wife is Russian and I am about 50% fluent in Russian now.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

Not sure. If I could get into a dynasty that lasts, I would probably fit it. regarding "fitting in" and "message boards", I recently re-read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, and it reminded of how not to act on message boards, name calling and insults will not win an argument, neither will calling someone stupid. I would expect if anyone has issues with my gameplay or vice-versa, that we could have a logical discussion, and not name calling nonsense.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

A fair game, not high pressure on Fifa, or taking the lead and kicking back to the GK and doing the bouncy ball (Tap R1) trick, and no 5 wide Four Verts Hurry Up in NCAA. It looks like you guys really go into detail about football schemes kind of like "" so that is also very interesting.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

It depends on the situation. I have accidentally "gone for it" on 4th down before by not paying attention. Also I was kicked out from a dynasty for "3 restarts" in a game I didn't quit. So I know what its like to be attacked when I didn't intentionally break rules. There are glitches and flaws in the game and network that aren't always intentionally misused. I imagine bringing the issue to the commissioner, followed by my personal opinion of the "seriousness' of the transgression should be enough. I guess it might be a good idea to keep the Iphone handy for videotaped evidence.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I am going to check the leagues now. I would like to try-out the intro level for a few weeks, and then become a paying member. I would play probably any league or setup for Fifa. In NCAA I honestly play the dynasty vicariously and I am only really interested in playing with FSU.
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009