New Member: CLW

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by CLW, Apr 12, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

New Member: CLW

Name: Corey Wyatt
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PSN clw22580
    Email: coreywyatt@hotmail.com
    AIM: clw22580
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard (EST)
    General Availability: Mon - Thurs: 7 p.m. - 11 p.m. Fri 6 p.m. - ? Sat-Sun Anytime With Notice.
    Favorite Teams: Will play with ANY team. Favorite dynasty teams include: Miami (FL), Duke, Missouri, Texas, Louisville, UConn, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, Memphis, Rice, Army, Navy, Air Force, BYU, Kent State, NIU, Stanford, Washington, Vandy, Ole Miss, Western Kentucky, MTSU, Hawaii and Boise State.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I have seen members posting highlights/articles/etc... at other websites (Madden Mania, Operation Sports, NCAA Strategies, Virtual Sports Net)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have played in NCAA online leagues on league daddy as well as multiple online dynasties. Additionally, I have ran my own online dynasty the past two years.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games since I was about 5 years old (1985). I have played every NCAA Football game since the Bill Walsh College Football days. I have been playing online since NCAA 04.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I am a player who enjoys the league/dynasty experience. Unfortunately, as I have gotten older my time for video games has decreased. I prefer playing guys that I can get to know when I do have time to play as opposed to the random "East Room" games.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

At 30, I feel I would fit right in with the "average" Tradition member.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes. No questions. The rules for The Tradition are VERY similar to "standard" league rules from league daddy leagues as well as the set of rules I use for my own online dynasty.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I am a 30 year old attorney who presently lives/practices law in New England. I am currently licensed to practice law in 4 states (Missouri, Illinois, Rhode Island and Massachusetts). After graduating law school in 2005 and practicing in St. Louis for just over 2 years, my wife and I moved to Rhode Island after she graduated from The University of Illinois medical school and matched for her OBGYN residency at Brown. She is about to start her final year of her residency and is applying for a oncology fellowship (further specialty training in women's cancer) so we are likely on the move again in the summer of 2011.

I enjoy video games. In addition to sports games, I also enjoy playing Civilization Revolution, God of War, racing games and occasionally shooters. I also enjoy law/politics.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

Hopefully I can become very active in the TF community by joining several online dynasties/leagues and posting in the threads about NCAA 11 and other video games.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

In addition to the obvious (joining online dynasties) being a member of an online community also allows for the potential to meet new people and develop friendships with people that I otherwise would never have the chance to meet in real life.

Also, I am interested in bringing an online dynasty I have ran for the past two years to the site as well.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I would address the situation as required by the rules of the particular league game I am playing the game in. "Standard operating procedure" for most leagues I have been involved in usually requires a pausing of the game and either messaging on PSN or AIM my opponent to discuss the issue. If the problem cannot be handled there you finish the game and then send a PM to the league commissioner regarding the situation/issue. There is no reason to "air dirty laundry" publically on the forums as it never leads to anything constructive coming of it.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I have checked out the leagues here at TF. I would be interested in any of the PS3 NCAA online dynasties. I understand that this late in the year it might not be ideal to add on a new member. I am more than willing to wait until NCAA 11 drops in July.

I would also be interested in the MLB The Show leagues and the PS3 Madden leagues.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sweet, a lawyer.

Can you pass the Ohio bar so I can get some free legal advice?:)

Kidding, good to have you around.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    CLW, welcome to TF. Application approved.

I talked to Ryno about bringing your dynasty over. Hack and I will get you setup.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I regularly give free "advice". However, my area of expertise in the law is somewhat limited. It is amazing all the subjects you are required/need to take to graduate/pass the bar exam only to lose all/most of that knowledge after practicing a few years.

If you ever have a real (or hypothetical) legal issue you are curious about let me know. After a few people asked me, I actually did some research on EA's NCAA roster lawsuit and I just never got around to cranking out an article on it.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Hey CLW I noticed you are possibly interested in TBL: The show. We currently have three openings.

Padres
    Pirates
    Orioles.

Shoot me a PM or contact me on aim if you are interested.

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

PM sent. I should be home by 6 p.m. EST. I'll look for you on AIM. Thanks!

7. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Welcome aboard

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

C-Dub!

I'm glad to follow you over the wire. Let's set up our rally point, wait for BDawg, then hunker down in the GBN Shelter!

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

CLW -

Are you the one who would allow me to post on the GBN page? I can reply here, but cannot post there. Help, dewd!

10. yragha1

yragha1 Walk On

Can't post in the GBN thread either.