Approved New Member: CM Hooe

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome CM Hooe,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. CM Hooe

CM Hooe Walk On

Name: Christopher Hooe
    Gamertag: CM Hooe (XBOX Live)
    Twitter: @CM_Hooe
    Time Zone: EDT

General Availability for User vs User games:
    I'm available on most weekday evenings, except when work keeps me late; also, most weekends.

Favorite Teams:
    Dallas Cowboys (NFL), Virginia Cavaliers (NCAA)

How did you hear about Tradition Sports:
    I heard about TSO from a combination of sources; Operation Sports, Twitter, E3 coverage of Madden NFL 13 from various outlets, interaction with TSO users on other forums, etc.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I've played in NCAA Football online leagues on Operation Sports and the now-defunct Who Needs Rules.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    The first game I can remember playing in the PC version of Mortal Kombat, which released in 1993 for home platforms. At that time I was five years old (I think this probably corrupted me, haha). The first sports games I have memories of playing are NFL Quarterback Club and NBA Jam on the Sega Genesis. I started young :)

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I'd describe myself as a casual simulation-style player. I don't really seek competitive leagues, I rather enjoy more relaxed ones with some friendly competition.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I have no opinion about age whatsoever, so long as everyone plays respectfully.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

I am actively reading them as I type this, and I will read them again. No questions at this time, but if I have any I will be sure to ask.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I'm a Virginia native who attended The University of Virginia, studying computer science. I currently work as a software engineer at SRRN Games, a fledgling video independent game studio in Richmond which currently specializes in mobile games, most notably the mobile JRPGs "Ash" and "Ash II: Shadows", the latter of which was published by Konami. I'm (unfortunately, lol) an avid - and grounded - Dallas Cowboys fan, and obviously also a fan of my Virginia Cavaliers in all collegiate sports. Online, I'm a ten-year member of Operation Sports (as "Krioniq" first and later, after a name change, "CHooe") who somehow didn't find his way over here until now.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Quietly and comfortably. I don't see myself causing any trouble.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    Mostly, I seek more mature conversations about the state and development of sports gaming, particularly as it pertains to football. If I find a dedicated league here that I were to be invited to and stick in, that'd be a bonus to me, but it's not something I'm seeking at this time.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    If I couldn't handle the situation with the user first during the game as bound by league rules, I'd likely DM the commissioner of the league with specifics as to what happened. I tend to handle things calmly and quickly.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have not; again, a new league is not something I'm seeking right now. As mentioned before, I prefer a more casual league, with the ability to play a mix of CPU and human opponents as to keep things moving and to avoid scheduling conflicts.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    CM Hooe Application approved.

Welcome to TSO. You will find that most of our leagues here are what you are looking for - casual gamers with a mix of good opponents and CPU games.

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Welcome to TSO!

We're currently looking for a veteran member, but I personally liked your application along with some of the other Legendary Veterans members. If you'd be interested shoot me a PM. :)

5. RedZoneD25

RedZoneD25 TSO Social Media Coordinator

Hooe's a good guy, known him for a while. Welcome to TSO bro!

6. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God