New Member - Coach KO - Madden PS3

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Coach KO, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

New Member - Coach KO - Madden PS3

Name: Kris Oliver
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): PS3 - koliver0821
    Email: koliver0821@comcast.net
    AIM: jettagy
    Time Zone: EDT
    General Availability: evenings after 8pm edt and weekends
    Favorite Teams: Patriots and Eagles
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I was referred by one of your current members. I was in a few sim leagues with this person for the PS2. Finally decided to give the PS3 a whirl

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I've played in quite a few leagues and was always a member in good standing. I've played in whats called the NDL (NCAA). I am still an active member of the forum but decided to step down due to health issues. My health issues have since changed and I am looking to join a Madden league instead of going back to the NCAA. As I said before, i am still an active member of forums even though Im not playing. Ive also been in quite a few PS2 leagues. The most recent one was this one: http://z9.invisionfree.com/The_Dynasty/index.php?showforum=42. Fairly fast moving league that was probably over 4 years old.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I dont think I want to answer how long ive played video games..... 30 years or so. Ive played online since the start of madden and Socom.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Skill level, average. My stick skills are below average at best.
    I enjoy the strategy of the games and coming up with gameplans as well as countering what people do on offense. (Now if could only do that on offense....) I would say Im more of a conservative player. I like competition but I dont cry about losing a game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I dont have a problem with age differences/similarities in either direction. I've played against people who almost 20 years younger than me. I think the best way to answer this is that I will treat everyone with respect regardless of their age. I only expect the same courtesy to be passed along to me. I still have respectful relationships with younger players in other leagues to this day.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I agree with them completely. No concerns

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I live in Nashua, NH. I am a family man. Married 14 years. 4 kids which keeps me busy. My true vices are sports and an occasional video game (madden, ncaa, COD or socom). I am avid soccer player and still very active in competitive leagues. Although its tough to portray on here, I am sarcastic and like to have fun. I do like to poke fun at people but not maliciously. (Its the south Jersey in me). Like to drink Microbrews, not very handy when it comes to fixing stuff around the house, though i try.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I am usually active on every forum on. I tend to have something to say about everything. It might be an attempt at wit or just rant.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    I am looking to get a competitive league that values sportsmanship and sim play. I like to believe their is some camaraderie and perhaps some friendly trashtalking.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? This is probably what will happen. I will throw something in my living room. probably a broken PS3 controller. I will finish out the game and probably grab a beer. Smack my wife around and go to bed. OK just kidding. I guess it depends on the issue. If it was gameplay related, I would pause the game and talk to them, on chat or on aim and ask. Heck its possible I misunderstood the rules. If we have a different opinion, I play the game. I might talk to a commish but not to complain, only as FYI as I believe its important for the integrity of the league that something gets mentioned. The severity of the issue and punishment (if any) is at the sole discretion of the commissioner. I just let it go. There are more important things in life.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I have checked out other leagues and I think the OMFL is what I am interested in.
    Partly because I only have a PS3 I know when of the current owners. I used to have battles with Cali Bucc in our old Franchise days and he could vouch for my playing style and sportsmanship.

2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

welcome to the site Kris

ps

i know later on in the post it says ur a PS3 guy

but bold it at the top where u put ur PSN just so its Easier on the eyes

"Happy gaming"

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Good to see 1) another NJ bro on here, and 2) someone older than me! Anyway, nice application, I'm a sucker for details.

4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Answer both questions above. If only I could understand the bolding on this thing.....

I was born in Philly and spent quite a bit of time in South Jersey/Haddonfield. I moved to Mass/NH a long time ago...... I still have some love for the Iggles and Phils....

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

You see, we were getting along so well until this. :)

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Sorry though Im sure we both have a born hatred for the Cowboys. Also, I like to frequent strip bars (when my wife isnt around) and I had a grand time in Hoboken. Lots of bars on Halloween weekend equals many chicks dressed as hookers and sexy kitty cats..... Maybe they were hookers....

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TF Kris. I know a few guys from the NDL have made their way over here as well.

8. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Thanks Emm. Glad to be here.

9. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Excellent buzzwords, this will get your application approved on just about any forum!