Approved New Member: Coachmedicis

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Feb 21, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Coachmedicis,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Name: Nick
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): xbox - cstatecash3
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Depends as I coach HS Basketball almost year round and depends upon our practice or open gym schedule for that week....Most nights I'm available anytime after 8 or 9 pm EST
    Favorite Teams: I'm from Syracuse and I'm a diehard 'Cuse fan in all sports. I'm also a Bills and Yankees fan.
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: I heard about TSO by just surfing the internet looking for another option for my Madden or NCAA online league fix. I'm currently the commish of a madden league as well as a NCAA league and I'm just looking for one that is more my style. I play my games, I like to talk about the games and I enjoy the "community" aspect of playing with other people just like me.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes - I currently commish a NCAA and Madden league with my friends that live by me. We have taken some months of from NCAA as we were in the "MADDEN FIX" but now we are back and balancing both of those leagues.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I have been playing video games since I was about 6 or 7. I remember long nights staying up and playing Legend of Zelda with my father trying to beat it on Nintendo.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I would say I play video games like I coach. I obviously want to win the game but I won't do it by compromising what it's all about. To me video games are my release from the stresses of dealing with HS teenagers and coaching basketball.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? That's perfect for me.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes - no questions. I look forward to joinging this gaming community.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. Like I said, my name is Nick and I'm 29 years old. I grew up in Syracuse and played every sport possible. I got into coaching when i was in HS and knew at that point I wanted to be a basketball coach. I got my first Varsity coaching job at age 24 and was the youngest coach in the state of NY. My free time is spent working on upcoming basketball challenges, playing video games and hanging out with the gf.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I see myself as just another one of the guys in the community. I enjoy the competition but I also enjoy being able to talk about the league and my team and my upcoming games, or upcoming user games. I like to have fun with it, trash talk a little bit but also just have fun with it.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I hope to find more people like me who play competitively but without crossing the line, and then can joke around and enjoy the league after the game is over.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Depends how the commish has outlined how to play in his/her league. If on headset you can always ask the other person whats going on or why they broke the rule. If the option to text is available bc of no headset than you can always text the person. My big thing is....2 wrongs don't make a right. I would never break a rule because someone else is breaking a rule. I enjoy the game for what it is.....a game. Don't get me wrong, I hate losing and I play to try and win but at the end of the day, it is a game and if someone has to break a rule to win the game, then that's an issue all in itself.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have briefly looked through the forums. I'm interested in joining a NCAA league as well as a Madden league. I also play NHL so in the future I might look into joining a NHL league as well.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Welcome Nick, very nice application!

Approved

4. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Thank you! Look forward to joining.