Approved New Member: Craig Brown

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jan 24, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Craig Brown,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

Hello, my name is Craig Brown and my gamer tag is Cbassault3, I'm from Saint, Joseph, MO. I'm 25 years old and I work at Altec Industries. I've been married for 3 years. I like to watch all sports, and I especially love my Royals and Chiefs. I'm cousins with current members with the gamer tag of Briz98 and bjbdahitman. I've been looking for a competitive league to join because people fall out of online leagues all the time. I' can promise that I will be one of the most active owners. I respect rules for leagues and abide by them. I am also good friends with jsimms, who also raved about the league. Thank you for your time and I hope I can be recruited.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Craig Brown

Craig Brown Walk On

Name:Craig Brown
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):cbassault3
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:none
    Time Zone:central time
    General Availability for User vs User games:2:30 pm to 7pm weekdays and available most of the weekends
    Favorite Teams: Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Blues, Kansas City Royals, Kansas Jayhawks
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports:My cousins and some of my friends are in

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I'm in two madden leagues online

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Approximatley 3 years

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm a sim style type of player

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I've been married for 3 years now so I would say I have more similarities with them than my single friends who party all the time

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?Yes, I have read the rules and do not have any concerns with them

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.I'm from Saint, Joseph, MO. I'm 25 years old and I work at Altec Industries. I've been married for 3 years. I like to watch all sports, and I especially love my Royals and Chiefs. I'm cousins with current members with the gamer tag of Briz98 and bjbdahitman. I've been looking for a competitive league to join because people fall out of online leagues all the time. I' can promise that I will be one of the most active owners. I respect rules for leagues and abide by them. I am also good friends with jsimms, who also raved about the league. Thank you for your time and I hope I can be recruited.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? Very well, I love different ways to keep in touch with everyone to see whats going on, and feel it will help keep active owners, which other leagues fail to have

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I hope to be apart of something with my cousins

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? If someone quit a game on me on purpose I would report the actions. If someone broke a rule I would first let them know then if it continued to happen I would report it.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I'm interested in The Rookie Syposium, and the Longest Yard when a spot becomes available

• Like Like x 2
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice application Craig. Welcome to TSO!

• Like Like x 2
  5. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

This guy is the real deal. I can assure you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Nice to see a fellow Jayhawk come into TSO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Keep that weak Big 12... or is 10 now... ish outta here

msu kansas.PNG

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Alright, I got it. You think your team is better because they won 2 1/2 months ago in Kansas' second game of the year before they established their rotations and team cohesion and before Ben McLemore started asserting himself and in a game in which your trailed the entire game until Kansas started being dumb in the last 8 minutes of the game or so. How long are you going to live on that one win? You already trolled my dynasty with the same picture a month after the game and I let it go but again? Come on dude. It's one game and meant absolutely nothing. You are now 17-4 and ranked 13th. We are 19-1 and ranked #2, #1 in some polls. We will most likely get a #1 seed. Definitely weak shit.

9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

There's one good team in the Big 12, maybe one or two others who make the tournament. I'd hope you would have not lost to anyone.

10. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Ok. I think you should watch more Big 12. You're telling me only one or two teams will make the tourney after Kansas. K-State, Iowa State, Baylor, Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma all have nearly the same record as Michigan State. So which 3 are not making the tournament? We dominated Ohio State at their place which you guys barely beat at home. We beat Temple who beat Syracuse. We dominated Baylor who beat Kentucky at Rupp. We beat Colorado by 36 who took Arizona to overtime in Tucson. You act like we've played no one when we've played good teams.

11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Whoa whoa whoa... back the "We are the mighty Kansas" train back up.

Where do players who get kicked off MSU go? Well, they start at PG for a school that took KU to overtime this year. C'mon, lost to MSU and nearly lost to MSU's has-beens (Google - Korie Lucious). The logic of we beat X, who beat Y, makes us Z is retarded and historically disproved without a shadow of a doubt. To argue that the Big 12 is even the 4th best conference in the country would be a struggle. While records are indications of win and losses, they surely do not represent how "good" a team is. You must realize this?

The Ohio State win is a quality win, that's earned. IU, Michigan, MSU, OSU, Wisco and Purdue easily walk through much of the Big 12. MSU wiped the floor with Texas earlier this year. Michigan beat K-State by 14 earlier as well.

The bottom line here, the entire point that I figured was common knowledge to everyone, is that the Big 10 this year is a more competitive conference than the Big 12 has ever been. To argue that point is comical.

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I never said the Big 12 is better than the Big 10. You made it sound like KU's schedule was a cake walk and that they should be undefeated. I was illustrating that it was not a cake walk and they beat some good teams. I think if KU and Michigan State played now, KU would win 8 out of 10. I don't think those teams would EASILY walk through much of the Big 12. IU, ?Mich, MSU, and OSU would beat much of the Big 12 but not EASILY beat all the big 12 and I don't think Wisco or Purdue would walk through the Big 12. The Big 10 is a great conference this year and easily the best but for you to keep living on a win before Kansas had found any sort of groove in which Kansas still controlled the majority of, is a bit retarded. And to compare your team to Kansas is also a bit retarded as it is the most historical college basketball program in the country.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

FAIL

National Championships:
    Kentucky - 8
    North Carolina - 5
    Duke - 4
    Kansas - 3
    MSU - 2

Championship winning coaches:
    Kentucky - 5
    MSU - 2
    Kansas - 3

Interesting Statistic - Smallest margin of victory in a championship game, Kansas holds top 2 spots:
    1. Indiana 69, Kansas 68 - 1953
    2. North Carolina 54, Kansas 53/3OT - 1957

Final Four Appearances - Last 15 years:
    North Carolina - 6
    MSU - 5
    Duke - 4
    Kansas - 4

I would easily say Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky has historically better programs than Kansas.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Who won most of those Kentucky Championships? Adolph Rupp. [​IMG]

Who won another one of those Kentucky Championships? John Calipari. [​IMG]

Who won most of those North Carolina Championships? Dean Smith. [​IMG]

The creator of the game, James Naismith was Kansas' first coach and only losing coach. He is buried there. His original written rules are there in Allen Field House.

All time wins: Kansas is 2nd with 2070. Michigan State is 37th with 1525, behind teams like Western Kentucky. And Duke is more historical than Kansas? I think you are getting recent success confused with history. Duke wasnt really very great until Krzyzewski.

Who is the most dominant player in the history of the game? Wilt Chamberlain. [​IMG]

Most final four appearances last 15 years? Didn't know 15 years made up history. Kansas leads the nation in consecutive tournament appearances though and it would be even more had that not been broken up by probation.

So yes, Kansas is the most historical team in college basketball. I'm done blowing up this dude's application though so live in your box all you want.