Approved New Member: Crowe

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jan 14, 2013.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Crowe,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Crowe

Crowe Walk On

Name: Brian
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Xbox - Jared Crowe
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Skype - Crowe0731
    Time Zone: CST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Monday - Thursday *anytime after 5ish pm. Friday - Sun *Free most morning to mid afternoon*
    Favorite Teams: Eagles/Ravens/49ers
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Stumbled upon it.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Madden - Soden Bowl, DSN, Grid.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? For as long as I remember, for both.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I have never heard anyone complain about my style of play, so I would think I am sim, maybe with a slip up here and there.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I love it. I hate having "kids" in the league that cheese and bitch and moan when they lose.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? i will have to get used to the "2 draws only" part, but shouldnt be much of a stretch. i am not a great writer (assuming I win) but will do what I can.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I am 34, been married for 7 years, been with her for 12, and have 2 daughters. one is 6 and one is 5 months. I can do a little painting, and at one time, I used to be a "professional" wrestler around Tennessee. Long story for that, so it can be told anytime lol. Just looking forward to playing with new people and a great community.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I have never been booted from any communities, and there have been minor "scuffs" with people getting angry at losing and pushing my buttons, so I am a fine fit I do believe. I dont actively look to ruin anyones day.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? A great gaming experience with a great community.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Pause the game, and send a message to that person, letting them know. if they continue, I will contact a mod here and alert them to the issue.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? The only leagues I am interested in is Madden.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    1) What are you talking about with "2 draws only"?
    2) What happened in those "scuffs"?

4. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Shaun, this member was referred to TSO by one of my league members. For this question, I believe he is referring to one of our RS league rules as opposed to the TSO site rules. In the league we have "2 HB draws per game" limit.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Why?

• Like Like x 1
  6. RRAHx2

Haha.. are you asking why the rule is in place? Or.. why what?

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yes, why that rule? Seems arbitrary to me.

8. RRAHx2

Because early last season, I was getting weekly complaints about owners over using the draw and it being used in un-realistic situations. So we had a league discussion over it in the off-season. Long story short: some owners couldn't agree on acceptable usage without having to put a measurable restriction on the play.

I don't like having to restrict any play-calling, but I haven't had any complaints on it since. So I guess it worked.. :confused:

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1) A draw is valid anytime the defense calls pass protection.
    2) Draws aren't nearly as powerful as people pretend. In Madden 12/NCAA > 11 yes, but Madden 13 they aren't that bad.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RRAHx2

I agree, but I open all rules to a league-wide discussion every off-season. That way the league has a good understanding of the rules and they feel like the league is more "owner-controlled". So we will see if there is a change to this or not this next season. The majority were in favor when it was put into effect, so we'll see.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It's a contrast in styles. To me, putting limits on things like that means you don't trust your owners to do what is right. I realize I have more leverage, but I just don't let guys I don't trust stay in my league.

12. RRAHx2

We have a high enough turnover with seasonal players and those types as it is, so if a guy is active and open to feedback I try to be as lenient as possible with him.

With RS being an NPL league, a lot of owners are new to TSO and sim gaming. We have a very wide disparity in user skill levels and ideas of what "sim play" actually is. So I try to give players plenty of opportunities to adjust their play styles and get acclimated to the "sim" game. The "gray area" for what's acceptable for using the HB Draw was too wide and owners were regularly disagreeing on it. So this puts it in black and white for the entire league.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I understand, hence my "more leverage" statement. I still don't like the idea.:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crowe

Crowe Walk On

With that, The "scuffs" were just bantering back and forth. Nothing major. There are just some people that can push my buttons and I just cant seem to help it.

15. Crowe

Crowe Walk On

I still cant reply to any threads and would like to do some trade talking....

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's because you still aren't approved. You shouldn't be in a league RRAHx2.

That said, I'll approve you now.

17. RRAHx2

Yeah that was my bad. I was contacted via PM by his referral and invited him before I saw he was in the New Members still. Won't happen again, thanks though Shaun.

18. jay2149

jay2149 Walk On

Crowe we have openings in 4th and Long