Approved New Member: cyhiphopp

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Aug 2, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome cyhiphopp,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Aug 2, 2012
    Name: Jay Hopp
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): cyhiphopp - PSN
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: None
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: Monday through Sunday, Evenings usually, but I can be flexible.
    Favorite Teams: Iowa State Cyclones, Pittsburgh Steelers
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Found the site while looking for information on NCAA13 bugs and glitches

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I am currently playing in a PS3 Online Dynasty through the Iowa State University fansite Unfortunately that league is nowhere near as in depth as I would like and some of the players are very un-sim.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games since I was 7, so 26 years. I have only been playing online for about a year.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Competitive but fair. I aspire to be a sim player and want to be in a league with similar values.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I think I will fit right in at age 33. There are some younger players who will play straight up, but it is tiring trying to play against kids who cheese at every opportunity.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes I have. The rules sound very well thought out and make sense. I really like that your leagues have rules against non-sim play. It gets annoying see oposing coaches with ridiculous stats and obvious non-sim behavior. The rules you have listed seem to be in place to make games play out like they would in real life. I like that.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I am an Iowa State alum and a very big college football fan. I have played EA NCAA football since the late 90s and I am finding that playing online has really upped the challenge and immersion factor for me.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    I have read some of the general forums and it seems like you guys really know your stuff. I posted a few questions and I felt very welcomed and everyone seemed very helpful.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I really like the depth of the leagues that I have taken a look at on the site. Everyone seems to really be into game reports, recruiting reports and the like. I think it would be fun and challenging to be a part of a league here.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    If it's something minor I can take it in stride. If it's consistent and/or really affects the game I would finish the game, save some highlights of the infraction if possible, and report it to the league commisioner.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have looked througha couple. I couldn't find a ton of PS3 leagues out there with openings so I will have to keep looking. I have checked out some of the posts from existing leagues and I appreciated the depth that most of the coaches went into.
    PS3 NCAA League. I am open for any setup really.

Thank you for your consideration!
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Aug 2, 2012
    After looking around, Any Given Sunday, Bump and Run, and Against the Grain all seem interesting (if they still have slots available).
  4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Jun 3, 2010
    Featured Threads:

Welcome to TSO man! Application Approved!