New Member: Dan F

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Mar 17, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Dan F,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Mar 17, 2011
    Name: Dan Finch
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Danthraxxx ( XBOX )
    AIM: ( rarely used )
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability: after pm EST m-f , after 5pm sat & anytime sun
    Favorite Teams: NCAA : The U , Ohio State, Toledo
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: EA forum discussion on best online dyn

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    I have played and commished a few NCAA football leagues , as well as played in a few NBA2K leagues . The last two years the NCAA leagues I have played in were hit and miss, but I can proudly say my first dynasty I hosted made it through 6 seasons, which included 3 different players having gone on auto pilot for defective xbox issues, and we still kept it going until the next NCAA came out.
    In edition I did have a 3 man offline dynasty many years ago before console gaming went online with two roommates.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    According to my aunt and mother I have been playing video games since I was old enough to stand up in a grocery cart at our local Kroger’s J . I have been console gamming since 1986 with the original Nintendo NES system. I have many passions , including sports and music but I cannot recall anything other than baseball that I have enjoyed playing longer than video games.
    I have been online console gaming since November ,2004 . I started online gaming with Halo 2 on the original xbox. I also own a PS3 but have yet to go online with it as the vast majority of my friends I game with are on XBL.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    Not sure what context this question is in, but if I had to classify myself I would call myself “ old school competitive” gamer. What I mean by this is I am from the old school … where you do not act like a fool if you beat a guy, nor do you act like a fool if you lose. You simply take your win or loss like a man, you say good game to your opponent if he is mature enough to listen and move on. I consider my self old school as I do not like to lose, but never sell my integrity to get a win. I despise a cheater and see no value in winning at anything if you are not playing with integrity. I enjoy nothing more than a hard fought contest and a hand shake afterwards, and if my opponent is old enough a cold beer and friendly convo. J

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    Well being in my early 30’s I like gaming with guys ( or gals ) from same age range. I have found for the most part gamers in my same age bracket appreciate the same good natured, honest competition that I do. While at the same time realize that is just a game. Work, family, and real life always come first. While I do love gaming it would always come after those things, and I respect others who game the same way.

5. Have you read the rules and general game play guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read the rules , and I understand them I believe. I am a competitive golfer in real life, so I have no problem ever asking an admin or whatnot to clarify a rule if I do not follow.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Well I was an athlete in my youth, I played baseball ,football, and basketball as a kid. I realized as I reached high school that I was not a top flight athlete however , and had the pleasure of playing with and against a lot of former D1 athletes . I am from Columbus , Ohio and have always been a fan of The U , so my fandom is under constant harassment every Saturday afternoon. I love NFL football more than college but in regards to video games I have loved the college football series more than Madden for some time. I remember the first Bill Walsh football where it had the team info on laminated cards inside the box lol. I will honestly say that had I known about this website and your group years ago I think I would have been a member for sometime. I enjoy playing the NCAA online dynasty with my friends that I have known half my life, but they do not always have the same passion I do to keep playing and keep it moving so to speak. I hope to join this site and participate with people who have the same passion I do for completion and fun.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    Well I will be totally honest, I am not a huge tech person in regards to adding in highlights and links that I have seen in my looking around on this site and forums, I am not a person who is a big Facebook person or into doing a lot of media things on the net, but I would be more than willing to learn, and would be interested in adding content to this site once I have a grasp of what I am doing. I do over the phone tech support for a major communication company, so I am by no means a complete caveman when it comes to technology.
    I am however, IMO, good at writing and composing, so I would love to help put together end of season reviews, pre-season pieces, stories and likewise. I at one time wanted to be a sportswriter in college but decided that I may not be willing to move across country as much as they do.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    I would like to find a group of guys ( or gals ) who enjoy good , honest, hard fought completion, and play in a dynasty for a long time. I would be happy to form new friends , and rivals, and have a great time playing without all of the not so fun things that happen when to try to create a group like that from picking up random people from a lobby, or this person or that persons friend , co-worker or cousin.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    As I mentioned above I play competitive golf on occasion ( golf channel amateur tour, tons of fun BTW ), so I would treat my league opponent like a fellow golfer. I would continue to play my game, focus on doing what I need to do to try to win. After the game I would politely let him know that I feel he/she violated whatever rule in question. I would then lift this up to the commish or admin and let the decision be made by them. I have found that at least in competitive golf that if you handle a situation in a gentlemanly manner like that most people do not get too worked up or hurt by doing such, and also that sometimes a violation occurs out of accident or lack of knowledge, so it is not always right to jump to the conclusion the person did it out of maliciousness.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    I would like to be part of any NCAA 11 online dynasty, and play until the 2012 game comes out later this year. I would like the chance to prove myself not only as a gamer but as a potential member of this forum/organization , in hopes to get an invite to a new dynasty for the 2012 game. I would be willing to pick up any team , at any level of play ( not a fan of Heisman but I would suck it up ) , and have a good time. I really think I would mesh well with the community of this site and fellow NCAA series fans.
    As far as specific leagues I think the Deuce and the Trifecta look like the two premier dynasties I would have loved to been a part of.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    @Dan F any interest in a Madden league?
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Mar 17, 2011
    I am more of a NCAA guy to be honest, I do not even own the Madden, sorry.
  5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Jul 1, 2010
    Nice app man one of the best i've seen. Glad to see a solid app around these parts welcome to RMG Dan (y) That is once you are approved you will have posting rights ill bug one of the admins to try and get you approved lol ;)

@RynoAid @Shaun Mason @Emmdotfrisk @Drifterbub
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Great Application. You are approved.

Welcome to TSO!:)
  7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Mar 17, 2011
    Thanks guys , I am syked !
  8. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Feb 10, 2009
    @Dan F

Great App. this is how an app should look like.
  9. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Dec 30, 2009
    agreed. best app i've seen in awhile. Very glad to have you in RMG with us!