Approved New Member: DanTangoME

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Aug 11, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome DanTangoME,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. DanTangoME

DanTangoME Walk On

Name: Dan Thorpe
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): DanTangoME
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: dantangothorpe
    Time Zone: CST
    General Availability for User vs User games: every night after I get off of work
    Favorite Teams: Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks anything Texas really
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Bobby Green, a long time friend of mine

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Well besides the FFL (Madden football league) way back in '09 I haven't been playing in any online leagues. I have been playing in offline leagues by myself, if that counts.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing since the days of Nintendo. Of course Mario was a classic but Tecmo Super Bowl has to be my favorite game on the NES. After that I had both the SNES and Sega Genesis. I remember how hype I was for the N64 when it came out. Mario Kart will forever be a sweet game. The playstation 1 was revolutionary and when the PS2 came out, NCAA 2002 became the most played game for me. Eric Crouch was king of Nebraska at the time and boy was it annoying playing against him with Texas.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I'm a player that appreciates the intricacies of the sport we try and replicate on video games. When playing I try and emulate the reality of the sport, because after all, I hoped to be there at one point. I get annoyed with guys who try and play the games, like they are video games. I think it takes more skill to be a strategist, than a cheater.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

Looks like I fit right into that age range. It is nice to know that there are mature adults here and not so much little boys running their mouth while their parents are away at work.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes, and not really. Everything is pretty straight forward.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Well my name is Dan and I am from Denton, TX, which is just north of Dallas-Fort Worth. I grew up loving and playing sports and played throughout my entire life. I went to HS will Bobby where we got into some typical teenage trouble. I at tented UT in Austin and enjoyed it, hook em horns! I played a ton of Madden and NCAA in the dorms, tournaments, leagues, pickup games, you name em. I played in my first online league with Bobby to try and keep in touch with my friends when Madden 10 came out with the first PS3 online franchise. At the time I was only able to play once or twice a week and when Bobby left to play in another league I couldn't join because of the speed. Now that I have a job that allows me to play every night, I can finally come back and play in a league.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

If everyone here is like Bobby I think I will fit in great. He has been telling me about you guys for awhile now but I just wasn't in the position to join but I can now. Great timing too because all of the stuff I have seen about Madden 13 looks like one of my favorite games, Head Coach 09. I can't wait to play it.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

Friends, respect, and good competition where I don't feel cheated once I put down my controller.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I suppose I would try and pause the game, talk with them about whats happening. If there were further issues I would just tell the commissioner what happened and hope to get it worked out.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

Bobby tells me that Hard Knocks and The Deuce are the bees knees ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Denton huh? I was raised in McKinney. Welcome to TSO.

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    DanTangoME

Hey man!!! It's about time you got on here and joined. Get over to Hard Knocks and put in an app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    McKinney? That's about 20 mins from me. Dan and myself went to school in Flower Mound.

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Nice, I went to McKinney North HS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Application Approved. Welcome to TSO Dan.

8. DanTangoME

DanTangoME Walk On

nice, North?Boyd?Serenity?

9. DanTangoME

DanTangoME Walk On

ahh I see

10. DanTangoME

DanTangoME Walk On

thanks shaun