New Member: Darlon

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Darlon, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Darlon

Darlon Guest

New Member: Darlon

Name: DJ
    Gamertag: DarlonJustin
    Email: DarlonJustin@gmail.com
    AIM: Darlon Justin
    Time Zone: Pacific
    General Availability: It varies as my shifts rotate every other week.
    Favorite NCAA Team: UCLA Bruins
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: OS Forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? NCAA leagues? Where?
    - I found a few ODs on OS on NCAA 09. I'm in the only active UFC 2009 Undisputed XBL league on OS (where I am currently Welterweight Champion :D)

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    - I've been playing video games as long as I could remember; back when it was just NES.
    - I played PS2 online for about a year but stopped after I got it modified. I bought my 360 a little over two years ago and I've been playing online ever since.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    - Very straight sim. To give you an idea, my favorite football team is the Tennessee Titans. Ever since I started playing seriously, I hardly ran my QBs (RIP McNair). This year, when I play online and someone picks a powerhouse, I match up with Penn State and never run Daryll Clark.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    - Back when I played NFL 2K5, I was 16 in a 21+ only league. I asked the commish, who was a friend of mine, why I'm allowed in the league and he said "because you're a lot more mature than most of the adults I play online." Also, I work with people from many different age groups so it's no problem at all. Age is nothing but a number.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    None whatsoever.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    - I love football (one of the few Filipinos). I wish I played it in high school but I was a dumb teenager and I didn't know that conditioning was supposed to hurt during my freshman year. My senior year, I played for a month and realized that my inexperience would lead to countless, consecutive days of torture so I dropped it. To this day, I regret quitting my freshman year. Also, in this struggling economy, I managed to score a great job with amazing benefits and a bomb ass retirement plan at the ripe age of 21 without a college degree. (Sorry, had to brag. I'm damn proud of myself. And you asked.)

7. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    - Kinda looks like all your leagues are full. Any of the leagues are fine. If the TFC leagues are still active, I'd be interested in those as well.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Welcome DJ! Have a look around...I'm the commish of the OFFL Mid-Majors. I'm full right now but we have a waiting list if you'd be interested in a team from the MWC, WAC or CUSA.

Enjoy!

JHeb

3. Darlon

Darlon Guest

If I had to get on a waiting list, I'd prefer one with the least amount of people ahead of me. I'd also like to get in on any Madden leagues, if possible.

4. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

I would suggest you get on the waiting list for the TF:TBD league. I have a feeling we'll have some spots open tonight (when spot confirmations are due). We'll be having a draft soon for the league (pac 10, big 10, and big east); so maybe you could even get your bruins if things work out.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I have an opening in the Big East over in the OFFL East. Any team but Louisville is open, check it out and let me know as invites will be sent tonight.