New Member: Darlon

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Darlon, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

Jan 21, 2011
    Name: DJ
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): DarlonJustin (both platforms)
    AIM: Darlon Justin
    Time Zone: Pacific
    General Availability: Varies every two weeks depending on what shift I'm on
    Favorite Teams: Tennessee Titans. To a lesser degree, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Dodgers
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports. Created an account a year or so back and participated in a league for NCAA. Can't remember the account or the league.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I've participated in a few NCAA leagues. My last Madden league was on 04. I was involved in a few NFL 2k5 leagues. I recently lost the OS Champions League Final to Blaza. I'm currently in two NBA 2k11 leagues on a very new site called

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I've been playing video games since I was in the single digits. I've been playing online since 04.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I've evolved from a casual gamer to a strictly NBA Live guy to a strictly Madden to strictly football to all around gamer and now 90% of my time on the sticks is done with sports games, all kinds.
    I have and will always be a sim gamer. I get so much more out of being able to emulate and replicate things that happen in real games on their virtual counterparts.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

As far as I'm concerned, maturity has no age. You can be 18 and very easy to get along with or you can be 35 and be difficult to deal with. I work with people in different age groups and have very little issue with the age gap.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

None for the time being.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

Sim sports gamer who grew up loving basketball. Eventually grew tired of it and turned to football which is now my favorite sport to watch. Decided to expand my horizons a few years ago and fell in love with soccer after spending about an hour playing World Cup 06 on my cousin's DS. Finding interest in new sports after enjoying their video games became a huge trend over the last year. UFC Undisputed 2009 hooked me to MMA which is a favorite. Fight Night to boxing. The Show 10 to baseball, NHL to hockey, and NBA 2k11 has brought me back to basketball. With the new Top Spin coming out, I've been hyping myself, not by reading previews and watching trailers, but by watching the Australian Open.
    I began wanting to play sim style after dominating every season in Madden 2001 was getting borring. I wanted a challenge and wanted to feel like I was actually having stiff competition in the NFL. With Madden and NCAA 2005, I started using sliders and that lasted a few years until I grew restless of the seemingly endless tweeking. Now I'm strictly online on my sports games with the exception of The Show, which I'm having a blast on using default settings.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

Hopefully very active. If I get in with a good league, I'm pretty sure it will be an enjoyable experience.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

Being able to participate in a league without having to worry about sketchy play. I was told by Randiesel that TSO is running a FIFA league. I wouldn't mind participating in some other leagues as well. NBA 2K11/APF 2K8/NHL/etc

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Inform the opponent that he is in violation of the rules and if they persist, record replays for evidence and report to the commissioner of the illegal activity.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

As I mentioned before, I am very interested in the FIFA league. I have not browsed too much but NBA/NHL leagues should be fun. I'm not too into football leagues as much anymore because I get my ass handed to me more often than not.
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Aug 11, 2010

Glad to have you onboard. Once your application is approved, head down to the Tradition Futbol League and check-in with the TFL waiting list thread. Shoot me a PM or feel free to openly post in the TFL with questions you may have.
  3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Application approved.

Welcome to TF.
  4. Darlon

Darlon Walk On

Jan 21, 2011
    That was quick. Didn't know you guys ran this late. Thanks.