New Member - Devilfan20

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Devilfan20, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Devilfan20

Devilfan20 Walk On

New Member - Devilfan20

Name: Travis
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Devilfan20 - Xbox
    Email: travisensign@gmail.com
    AIM: NA
    Time Zone: Arizona (essentially Pacific / Mountain depending on time of year)
    General Availability: Su - Th Nights, Saturday afternoons
    Favorite Teams: Arizona State, Vanderbilt, Arizona Cardinals
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I saw a reference to it on a website detailing good sites to play an online NCAA league.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?
    No, I have never played an online sports league before but I have played some MMOs and am perfectly capable of setting times to play games and reliably meet them.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing games for twenty years. I have been playing online games for 10, but like I said not online sports leagues before mainly because I wasn't aware of them.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I've played the EA sports football games every year and have become competitive with them (certainly not great yet with 2011). I'm a good sport who is looking for a fun dynasty experience. I know a lot about football from having played it in high school which adds to the experience of playing a football game (knowing to follow pulling guards, traps, counters)

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I am 29 years old myself and consider myself a mature gamer.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read the rules and gameplay guidelines. I don't love the "hurry up" rule only because my favorite team (ASU) went to a hurry up offense style this year and I think using a hurry up offense every once in a while for a few plays in a row puts extra pressure on a defense who is stuck with the same personnel. I completely agree that it is an abuse to use it to get cheap offsides penalties or not allow your opponent a reasonable amount of time to get a defense called. Nevertheless, I agree to abide by the rule unless I hear that an occasional hurry up series is ok.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    My name is Travis and I live in the Phoenix area which is where I grew up and went to law school. I am single and live with my girlfriend. I am an avid gamer and have loved football for many, many years. I played TE & DE in high school.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I plan on being participating in the forums and in several leagues if possible.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    An enjoyable experience with online dynasties and meeting new friends online.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    I'd politely address the situation with the player and then take it up with the commissioner if I don't get a satisfactory resolution from the player.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    I have - but its difficult to sort through the 20 or so Xbox leagues and tell which have openings. Ideally, I'd like to join a league that isn't too far along that I can play one of my schools (Arizona State, Vanderbilt, plucky 3-4 star program with upside, in that order).

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TF Travis. In regards to the no-huddle rule there is some leniency involved. Of course it is realistic, but once you start no huddling all game from I form, to 5 wide, to goal line, and ect. it ruins it from me and everyone else on the site. If you want to no huddle thats fine, but do it realistically.