Approved New Member: dj illmatic 23

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 5, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome dj illmatic 23,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Jun 5, 2012
    Name: Brett
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): 360 gt: dj illmatic 23
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: none
    Time Zone: central
    General Availability for User vs User games: 3:30 pm cst - 8:30 pm cst during the week. I'm off weekends, so almost anytime then.
    Favorite Teams: NY Knicks, NY Yankees, Miami Hurricanes, Washington Redskins
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: On the Operation Sports forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I have run my own NCAA OD for the past two years, and I also ran a Madden league two years ago. I used proboards to run my OD.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing video games since the Atari 2600. I've been playing online about five years now.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I am a defense first type of player. I try and keep from giving up big plays or easy buckets, and make my opponent work for everything. On offense, I try and execute my plays, and not turn the ball over or give the team a short field or fast break. I just enjoy the competition. I win some, I lose some, but I always try to give my opponent a good game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I like the make-up of the population. It means most of us have the same reference points regarding sports and games. It also means we're grown enough not to take this so seriously.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes, I've read the rules. Not really a concern, but I watched the NCAA video. The running play example, said it was a bad play when the rb broke off the dive and bounced outside. Great rb's with great vision often make their best plays cutting back or finding holes opposite the design of the play. I agree it has to be regulated, because you have guys who try and bounce every play outside which is cheese. However, if a guy does it once during a game, I don't see it as a bad play. Is it always a no/no, or is the directive not to abuse it. Either way, it is not a problem, because when in Rome, I do as...

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I am a first year teacher. Graduated with a degree in history. I am married, and do not have any kids. I spend my free time watching sports or playing games. I collect Air Jordans. I used to dj (hence my gamertag), but was forced into retirement by marriage.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I would like to bring my NCAA dynasty to this site. I have a core group of six that have been faithful. We play up until the release of the new version. Reading the info on the site, I see I have to pay dues and earn my spot in a league and on the site, which I'm good with. I just want to be a contributing member who makes the site better instead of detracting from it.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I want to become part of a community of mature gamers that play sim and love sports.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? If we have a mic, I pause the game and bring it to their attention. Many times people break a rule by accident or they play in more than one league, and confuse the rules with the other league their in. If there's no mic, I send a message. If they refuse to acknowledge me or they continue to break the rule, I just play the game out, and follow the procedures laid out in the league to address rule violations.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I checked the sub-forum for league openings, and did not see any. Ideally, I would like to run an NCAA league, and join an NBA2K and Madden league. If not, I would just like to join one of each league. I don't really have a preferred league set-up. I've played in several different set-ups. The NCAA OD I run has 2 teams per BCS conference, but I've also played in one conference set-ups as well. I do like to play on the most difficult settings (Heisman, All Madden, Hall of Fame), so the cpu games are competitive.
  3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    As with all the rules, they are there to limit the abuse of gameplay aspects. Most of these rules are going to be re-visited when we get our hands on NCAA 13. My guess is that we are going to be able to eliminate a few of them. The rule you sited came about because people were always calling inside running plays and never running inside. This was a big issue in NCAA 09, 10 and 11 because run blocked was shit.

Application approved. Welcome to TSO.
  4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Jun 5, 2012
    Thanks! Glad to be a part.