New Member: DLev45

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 11, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome DLev45,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. DLev45

DLev45 Walk On

Name: Daniel Leverton
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): DLev45 (XBox 360)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: jdlev45 (AIM)
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability for User vs User games: 7pm to 12am (midnight)
    Favorite Teams: Alabama Crimson Tide, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports Forums

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Played in a few NCAA Online Dynasties and two NCAA leagues that were before the OD feature and organized on internet message boards. Never played an online league on Madden or NBA, but have played a lot of ranked matches. I prefer the online dynasty elements of gameplay, but have always had all the users quit or just stop playing after about a season or so.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have been playing video games for about 18 years. I started playing online with NCAA 2005 on the PS2 when you had to buy a network adapter.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Hardcore Simulation Style

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I feel like I am very mature for my age, and would fit in very well. For example, I am a second year law student at the University of Alabama, have worked a serious job each summer, have had the same girlfriend for 5.5 years, was my high school's valedictorian, graduated in the Top 5% of my undergraduate Finance class, etc.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes and no.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I am from Pell City, AL (right outside of Birmingham). I went to the University of Alabama for undergrad and am currently there for law school also. I am a hardcore sports gamer and always have been. My main 4 games have been NCAA, FIFA, NBA2k, and Madden in that order. Occasionally I like some shooters and RPGs, but I have owned every iteration of NCAA football since 1996 (when it was still Bill Walsh on SNES.) I used to play online ranked matches like crazy, even reaching as high as 32 for NCAA 06 on PS2, but have fallen out of favor with that due to the massive amount of cheesers and quitters.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

I think I will fit in well. I am usually a daily forum visitor when a part of something like this.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

An environment where I can find some dedicated players who don't just cheese and nano-blitz all the time, where I can have a group of players who will play multiple seasons in a dynasty and who won't always play exclusively with the best teams in the game.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Notify him that he has broken the rules, and if he feels otherwise, then I would stop the game and notify the commissioner and see if I could get a response in a reasonable amount of time on what to do. If there was no response within around 10 minutes, I would keep playing, but write down the score, time on the clock, down and distance, etc., at the time when the violation occurred. If it didn't affect the outcome, I wouldn't worry about it, but if it did, I would see what the commissioner had to say. If he says too bad, then that's too bad, and I'll just move on.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I have looked at some leagues, but I'm having difficulty navigating and figuring out which leagues are recruiting for NCAA 12 and which ones are just full of posts from NCAA 11.

My ultimate setup would be two teams from each of the Big 6 conferences, conference realign where every BCS conference has 12 teams (add 4 to the Big East and 2 to the Big 12), and then all the users pick 3 or 4 star teams only. No 5 star or 6 star teams. Then the league advances about once every three days. There would be a maximum of about 5 user games a season. (The game against the other player your conference in the regular season, the game against the other player in your conference in the championship game if you both make it, two out of conference game against another user, and then matching up with another user in a bowl game if you are matched up.)

If that sort of league does not exist, then I would like a league where the 12 users make up a 12 team conference. This is how I have always done it in the past. If so, I would enjoy taking a middle of the pack to bottom level team, and trying to take them to the top. For example, as much as I have always loved Alabama football, I wouldn't want to play as Alabama in an online dynasty because they are too good out of the box, and thus no challenge. I have always had a policy of not using the best teams on the game, whether it be online or in a league setting. It's not as enjoyable for me.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Application Approved. Welcome to TSO DLev45

I'm not too far from Pell City man... just hop on I-20 East for about 1 HR & 15 min