New Member: Domino427

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Domino427, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Domino427

Domino427 Walk On

New Member: Domino427

Name: Jason
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Domino427 (360)
    Email: GlogauJ@gmail.com
    AIM: JayGlo12101
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability: Weeknights, Most Weekends
    Favorite Teams: Philly teams (Phillies, Flyers & Eagles), PSU, Villanova
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Posting on message boards

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? No console online leagues. Active in Simulation Baseball (bnsl.us for an example if you are unfamiliar)--requires a strong commitment and activity level.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Video games since the PSX (appx. 10 years). Online for about 3 (all 360).

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm somewhat of a realist when it comes to sports games, but I understand its a game and will never be 100%...you're going to have quirks and goofy things pop up. I'm not super hardcore, though I do like to win. I usually get more frustrated with myself than my opponent, and if someone is bothering me, I'd rather ignore them and tough on through than get involved in a pissing match.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I don't forsee it being a problem. In most situations, I'm seen as mature for my age. You will not hear the word "pwned" or "newb" out of my mouth unless I'm joking with someone I know well. I'm not the shit-talking type.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes. No major concerns. I'm not a hardcore, must-win gamer, so any manipulation of the AI I'm unaware of. I'm also not a football strategy genius, though I do know the game fairly well. Any instances where I may not adhere to the guidelines would be merely incidental and unintentional. I urge any opponents who may see me make a mistake like this to let me know so we can fix it promptly. I do promise not to intentionally manipulate or abuse these guidelines!

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I'm originally from southern NJ and currently live in Central PA. I just started a job a few months ago with the newspaper working in Advertising, which I find very interesting and enjoyable. I'm a huge fan of Philly sports. I love to watch movies (favorite is Ocean's Eleven) and TV (NCIS, NCIS:LA, CSI:NY and House being tops). I live with my girlfriend, which is wonderful but she will be the one unpredictable obstacle to playing (unfortunately, while I can predict work and travel, I can't predict when she'll need my attention). I love her to death and figure we'll probably be engaged by the end of the year. We have a beagle, Cupcake (named by the 4-year-old niece of her foster mother) who we adopted last January.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? I'm very active in my baseball sim league, and I like to get involved in things. I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to these things, but I'm not ashamed of that fact. I love to write, so when I have the time I will likely be very active in writing up summaries, commentary, etc.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? I hope to have a lot of fun with some cool people. Hopefully make some new friends and develop some great relationships in joining what appears to be a fun community.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Depending on the severity of the rule and who the opponent is, I may or may not speak up and say something. Most likely, I would mention it politely, and if severe enough or required, I would report it to the proper "authorities" (I would assume the commissioner). Definitely a case-by-case basis but I'm not going to throw a shit-fit.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I have yet to check them out (this was said to be the first step!) but I plan on checking them out next. I'm excited to see what there is to offer, because I've heard a ton of great things about this community!

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Application approved.

Welcome to TF.

3. Domino427

Domino427 Walk On

Thanks Drifter! I'm excited for this place!