New Member: dub

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by dub, May 2, 2009.

1. dub

dub Banned

New Member: dub

Name: Gary
    Gamertag: dub
    Email: gdub8@hotmail.com
    AIM: gdub8
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability: Evenings after 6pm and weekends
    Favorite NCAA Team: Miami Hurricanes
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports Forum

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Hey dub,

There are a number fo good places to play around here. Lots of leagues are running now, and a bunch of others are getting ready for 2010. Miami is open in the OFFL East, and probably in a few others also. Have a look around, find a group and a set of rules you like, and we'll get you hooked up with a league.

Welcome to Tradition Football,

AG

3. dub

dub Banned

Thanks Archie

Really don't want to play in a restricted league (Only certain conferences).

I love Miami, but I'd play with FSU or my favorite team I like to turn into a powerhouse, FIU. Any team really.

I want to get into a league where there's no emphasis on playing user vs user, if it happens it happens.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Interesting. I think we are currently playing 3 a year in the OFFL. We restrict the conferences (and spread players evenly among them) so user games happen without us having to doctor the schedule. They just happen, but we do set it up so guys bump into each other, so I'm not sure if it's the kind of setup you would be looking for.

Not sure what the Tradition Leagues are doing (not sure if each league approaches this kind of thing differently or not) but I'm sure some of those guys will post here with a few ideas.

Fellas? Little Help?

AG

5. dub

dub Banned

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind playing a user game once and awhile during the season. Just not a big fan of playing more than two, Or changing my schedule because I have too play a certain number of users. I want to play my games on my time and not worry about trying to find people constantly. Just a preferance.

I want to be free.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I understand completely. Typically, we let schedules work themselves out, though we make an adjustment here and there just to make it so everyone has a relatively equal number of user games. Typically, our guys are evening players, and we advance twice a week, Thursday and Sunday at 11pm, giving us four days during the work week to get stuff in, and three days over the weekend. It's a slower pace than most. We schedule times and such here, and work out issues as a group.

This is probably as close as I (meaning the OFFL leagues, not necessarily the TT leagues) can get to what you're looking for. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

AG

7. dub

dub Banned

Yeah but I don't want to be old.

I have no kids or wife.

A great scholar once said

"30 is the new 20"
    Jay-Z

all good it's whatever.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

all the TF leagues have at the minimum 3-4 user games per season and are focuse equally on CPU and USER games.

not sure we have anything that fits exactly what your looking for at the moment unfortunately.

Hopefully you'll give one of the leagues a shot.. the OFFL is a great place to get a real SIM feel though.

9. dub

dub Banned

Looks like OFFL suits me best..

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I will try and get you in touch with Archie if he doesn't post here in this thread. He'll be able to point you in the right direction as far as availability with OFFL leagues go.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Have a look at our leagues, and let us know what suits you. The East and West have openings at the moment.

As more guys come, we'll add on, but we're going to stick with the four leagues for the time being. Check out the Team Choices thread in the West forum, and see if anything suits you.

AG

12. dub

dub Banned

Well this is a no brainer.. Give me the Miami Hurricanes please.

13. dub

dub Banned

Back

I'm back, and itching to play in a very active dynasty..(preferably a everyday or every other day dynasty)

Never really got off here due to me taking a work assignment out of state for a couple of months. However now, I'm ready to roll. Not looking to play in a User vs User only dynasty. I don't mind playing user games though.

Any fits?