New Member: Dwreck

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 6, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Dwreck,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Jul 6, 2011
    Name: Derek Lewis
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): XBOX - DWRECK1978
    Time Zone: Arizona
    General Availability for User vs User games: I manage a restaurant so my schedule varies. Sometimes I am available in the mornings, sometimes at night or afternoon.
    Favorite Teams: Colorado Buffaloes (alma mater), Philadelphia Eagles, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Flyers, Phoenix Suns
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Operation Sports forum

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I have only played a few online dynasties last year for NCAA '11. I found them through the XBOX Live forums.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I have been playing video games my whole life. I started playing online on my PS2 in NCAA 2004 I think.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    I really enjoy playing in the spirit of the game. I enjoy football strategy and I try to apply real life strategy in the game. Most importantly I like to have fun. At the end of the day it's just a game and there is no reason to yell and throw the controller.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I am right there age wise. I am a working professional that manages people. The last thing I want is to deal with immaturity when I am trying to relax and enjoy my video games. I am laid back and really easy to get along with. I am really excited to be a part of this community!

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    I have read through them and they seem pretty solid. No questions yet.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    I grew up in upstate New York, went to school at Colorado, lived in Chicago for 5 years and then moved to Scottsdale/Phoenix area where I live now. I have enjoyed living in several different places because each one is unique. I manage a restaurant with a bar and pool bar at a resort in Scottsdale so that definitely keeps me busy. In addition to playing video games I like to do things outside such as hiking, mountain biking and playing basketball. Football is by far my favorite sport.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?
    Like I said previously, I am really laid back and easy to get along with. I don't freak out when changes happen and I am willing to go with any decisions that reflect what the majority thinks is best. I enjoy giving people some friendly trash talk, but I am not mean or aggressive in it. I really enjoy all things football so I am looking forward to participating in discussions and debates as well.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?
    I hope to get some good online league action that doesn't fold after year 2. I would like to have some friendly competition with other people who are organized, committed and love football. I look forward to creating some friendships and meeting some new people as well.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    It depends on how egregious the rule breaking is. I would probably bring it to their attention and tell them it's not cool. If they continued to break the rules then I would let the league commissioner know and figure it out from there.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?
    I have not checked out the different leagues yet. I would be interested in a coaching carousel league and leagues that don't use powerhouse teams.
  3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Application approved.

Welcome to TSO Dwreck
  4. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Jul 6, 2011
    Thank you! I look forward to it!