Approved New Member: Eaglems302

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Mar 27, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Eaglems302,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Eaglems302

Eaglems302 Walk On

Darn, I did this once and it never posted...something must've happened. Oh well, here goes again.

Name: Mark Stivers
    GT: Eaglems302 (xbox)
    marks302@me.com
    Time zone: Eastern / EST
    Gen Avail: Most evenings from appx 9:30pm to 1am EST
    Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats / Cincinnati Reds / Green Bay Packers
    I heard about TSO on the EA Tiger Woods forums

1- Have played Madden & NCAA leagues online for the past 5-6 years...whenever playing leagues online became intuitive

2- Playing video games since Atari/Sega Genesis days in the 1980's. Began playing online golf leagues back in the day of the old Links game on PC. Have been playing online on Xbox Live ever since (NCAA, Madden, Tiger, Call of Duty)

3- Above average skill, straight "sim" style player. Recreational yet competitive. Don't take video games TOO seriously but just like to have a good time

4- At 43, I still feel like I'm a kid at heart. I came here looking for a mature group of gamers (and 28-30 is fine), in order to get away from all the screaming, trash-talking, cheating, quitting teenagers who inhabit every online lobby I seem to enter. No worries...I'll fit in fine an I think your members will feel the same of me.

5- Yes, have read the rules. No, no concerns or questions.

6- I live in Louisville, KY....married 17 years with 2 teenage daughters. Enjoy watching and playing sports of all kinds...especially Golf and basketball. I'm an avid golfer and rabid Kentucky basketball/football fan. I work hard as a creative director for an advertising agency, and I like to play hard. Video games are my stress relief after my family goes to bed each night!

7- Like I said in #4...I know I'll fit in fine in the TSO community given what I've read so far. I've been part of several long-running Madden and NCAA leagues where all us guys have become good friends. I'm looking for more of the same here.

8- Friendly, realistic, mature competition is what I'm looking for and also what I'll bring to the community. And hopefully, play well enough to help my club be competitive!

9- Typically, I would ask the opponent if he is aware he is breaking a rule. That usually does it, assuming the player is a mature gamer. And if it only happens once, I might let it slide...it is after all only a game. However, if it continues to happen, I would warn fellow competitors of that players tendency and report the issue to the commissioner, etc.

10- Right now I'm mainly interested in the country clubs feature of Tiger Woods 13. I will certainly check out the other leagues and may look to join an NCAA league when the new game comes out this summer.

Thanks for your consideration. FYI...I may have done something out of order...I joined the Tradition Sports CC using the password on the thread prior to seeing the post about new members getting approval first. If I've done something in error, please let me know. Still learning the ropes of how this particular community functions. Sorry if that happened.

Thanks,
    Mark

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Welcome to TSO Mark. Application Approved!

4. Eaglems302

Eaglems302 Walk On

Thanks Hack! Really looking forward to it. Do I need to do anything in particular now that I'm approved. I might have mistakenly joined the Tradition Sports Country Club before getting this approval....everything OK there?

5. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

RynoAid , Mark is a new Xbox Tiger Woods guy -- Can you point him in the right direction?

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Hey there eaglems, been a long time. You have come to a good place.

7. Eaglems302

Eaglems302 Walk On

Hey Mustang! Good to hear from ya buddy! Yeah, it has been a long time huh? Looking forward to seeing you around! Glad to be hear and looking forward to some Country Club Tiger Woods!

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

well too bad I dont play tiger, but if you decide to jump back in madden, I run a gm style madden league.