New Member: Egofailure

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by egofailure, Aug 20, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

New Member: Egofailure

Name: Paul David, Jr.
    Gamertag/PSN: PaulDavidJr/PS3
    Email: egofailure@yahoo.com
    AIM: egofailure
    Time Zone: ET
    General Availability: M-F after 4:30 PM and weekends
    Favorite Teams: As a Providence Friar basketball fan from Rhode Island, I don’t have a favorite college football team. (How could I ever root for BC, UConn, or the ‘Cuse?) But as an avid sports fan, I watch a lot of Big East, ACC, and SEC contests. Aside from NCAA, I also root for the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins (fair-weather), and Dolphins. (What can I say? Dan Marino entered my life when I was young and impressionable.)

How did you hear about Tradition Football: A few forum members from operationsports highly recommended this site. When I checked things out for myself last night, I was thoroughly impressed. Where have you been all of my life?

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues?

Never. Most of my friends quit playing video games after college, and none of my buddies who still do are big into sports games. Additionally, I never really knew a community like this existed.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I’ve been game-hooked since Atari. More recently, though, I’ve been buying/playing all the staple sport games out there since I could remember. NCAA, Madden, and The Show are my bread and butter nowadays. I don’t play anything else.

I almost exclusively play these games due to the dynasty/franchise feature. I really, really get into it. The complex story-lines I develop in my mind via my crazy imagination could only truly be appreciated by fellow gamer-geeks.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

Hmm, I’m not sure how to answer this, but I’ll try my best. I’d compare myself to the fantasy baseball player who studies a little too much before the draft, is far too focused during the draft, and makes way too many trade offers throughout the season. In other words, I’m an intense, active player and would enjoy playing with similar players.

Despite my passion, however, I also play the game with strong integrity and sportsmanship. Above all, I’m here to have FUN! I could easily have a blast in a league where I control Baylor in a Big 12 League and never win a game.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I’m 29 years old, so I think I’ll fit in perfectly!

5. Have you read the rules and general game play guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes, I’ve read and understand all the rules. I’m a bit new to the “cheese guidelinesâ€, but I’ve learned a lot through reading the operation sports forums recently. I’m all about playing the game fairly and the rules were clearly put together with that goal in mind.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    As I said prior, my name’s Paul and I’m from Pawtucket, RI. I now live in Providence and spend my free time keeping in shape, watching sports, and attending Friar games. I’m unmarried without kids, but enjoy the presence of a rather large, Italian immediate family.

For work, I’m a clinical supervisor at a vocational center for Autistic adults. I’ve worked in the field since I graduated college in ’04 and feel blessed to genuinely love my career.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?

I’ve been an active board member on two other sites for nearly a decade. Ideally, I’d like to be able to participate on the boards often, find a fantastic NCAA league to play in long-term, and make some quality friendships along the way.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

Please refer to response to the question above.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

As a supervisor, I deal with staff conflicts almost weekly. Clear and professional communication is essential. As the rules state, I’d finish the game (as opposed to quitting) and e-mail my league commissioner ASAP to express my concerns. In doing so, I’d Cc the e-mail to the involved league participant so that the communication is out in the open. He or she would then be able to respond accordingly, so that a quick resolution can be made.

I was told that this website benefits from tremendous community strength and leadership. This is the main reason I'm interested in becoming a member here.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?

I haven’t checked out the leagues yet, but I plan on doing so right away. I’m only interested in joining an NCAA football league – but I’m open to playing as any team in any conference. For me, it’s more about playing with the right people!

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nice app. Come have a look at "The Dad Life" when this gets approved. We have one opening, and it might be your kind of place.

3. egofailure

Edit: Nevermind, we'll talk through PM!

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nice Friggin App Paul. Application Approved. Welcome to TF!

5. egofailure

Emmdot',

Thanks for the acceptance! I'm psyched about getting started, and look forward to becoming a valued/contributing member here.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I have to agree with em reading this is like looking in a mirror. Welcome aboard.

7. egofailure

MC - Thanks!

Just an FYI: I've joined the Dad's Life League and am having an absolute blast, but I'd like to add another to make waiting for those advances a little easier. ;) Perhaps a bottom-feeder program that needs a jolt of life? I know I don't have much service time around here to back up my claim - but I strive to be a great sim player, stay active on the boards, and plan to be around for a long time.

If you think I'd be a good fit, please let me know!

8. zklinedi

zklinedi Walk On

Your application makes me very self-conscious about my application.