Approved New Member: Elemnt

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Aug 10, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Elemnt,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

What’s up TSO.

Jason
    OutofYourElemnt - 360
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: (I have all these but never use them?) gmail: vumpler (at) gmail.com or aim is jason1nk
    Time Zone: Central

General Availability for User vs User games:

Different daily:
    Tuesday Thurs: 5pm-9pm
    MWF: 7pm-9pm sometimes 12pm
    Sat: ¾ weeks of the month fully available
    Sun: ¾ weeks of the month fully available

Favorite Teams: Carolina Panthers

How did you hear about Tradition Sports: Operation Sports when asking about a good site for leagues this was mentioned more than once.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? NCAA, Madden. My history as a Sim League Players goes back to the PS2 days and using League Daddy. We had a league with 20+ players. That ran through the beginning of the 360 era until about 2006 when I had to stop the league because I got accepted to a doctorate program for school. So 34 credit hours a semester didn’t groove well with madden/ncaa leagues and manually typing in stats after the game on league daddy, hah. Anyway I’ve since graduated grad school 3 years ago, started my own business and now I actually have some free time again.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Been playing games since I was 5 and online football since the PS2

3. What type of player would you say you are? I absolutely love the kinetic chess aspect of football games. I’m the first one to tell someone they had a great game afterward. Never a sore loser but the hunger for competition is undeniably there. I’ve subbed a lot of the hunger for Madden leagues with a 16 team fantasy football league that I commish every year but nothing hits like the emotion of the playoffs in ncca/madden league losing by 3 at the end etc. It’s an absolute blast and being part of a community is great and I’m ready to jump back in.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?
    I’m 2 years younger so it seems like we’re all at about the same stage in life. The more mature crowd is exactly what I’m looking for.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? They are as I would expect from a mature community. Pretty lenient rules of using your own judgment and anti cheese.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I’m a diehard Carolina Panthers fan and have been since day one. I live in TN but the Panthers inaugural season was the year I realized I don’t care for my step dad (who was a raiders fan) and even though I enjoyed being a Raiders fan I couldn’t do it anymore due to familial issues. So here come the Panthers and the soon to be greatest player in football history (so I thought) Kerry Collins! Beast mode activated! Annnnnnnd then he wasn’t. Then turned out my Dad’s coworker was best friends with Fred Lane (Freddie grew up here in Nashville) so I got to know him and got a bunch of signed rookie cards which drove my fandom even more. Long story - long if the Panthers are available I would love them, hah. I also have a friend I’ve grew up playing with that would love to be in the same league as me as well. If that’s possible let me know and I’ll have him signup.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

I see the community is pretty deep here and committed. If so I’ll fit right in. Hopefully a little fun trash talk is promoted as well. Nothing feels as bad as talking trash and then getting it handed to you on the field, lol. I love the drama and competition of madden/ncaa. I look forward to it.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

I place to fill that appetite for competitive madden play without seeing 1-5-5 shake 24/7 like online play. God…

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Pause, message him and ask him what’s going on and handle in civilized manner. I typically have all games recorded so if they weren’t sure of what I was talking about would keep it and work it out together. Nothings worse than someone hitting the forums with what looks like flaming when it’s a small misunderstanding. So settle it between one another and if that for unseen reasons gets out of hand, take it to a private message with the commish/assistant commish showing him the video clip and get his thoughts before making it a big deal.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I would prefer Madden first and foremost, 2nd favorite would be NCAA (but looks like I likely missed that. Again only NCAA until Madden comes out. I’m way more of a Pro fan than college) and then NBA 2k seems like something I could highly be into. My problem has always been in ranked games the constant cheese is out of control. So typically have sim rules with my local buds and we play offline. So highly interested in the potential of that.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

4. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Thanks man. Yeah no openings so far for NCAA current year or Madden upcoming I see. Hopefully Madden leagues will be opening up.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    One of the best applications I've ever seen. Are your availability times in central?

6. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

I answered the full explanation of why in number 6 above if interested in the back story (from TN and a Panthers fan) but yeah Huge panthers fan and yes Central time.

7. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Those availabilities are my guarantees as long as there is good communication i can be more flexible if i know ahead.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, I was reading on my phone earlier and must have scrolled past it.