Approved New Member: Five_Fifs

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, May 27, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Five_Fifs,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

May 27, 2012
    Name: Devin Franklin
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): FiveFifs (XBOX)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: AIM: messiahofdecatur
    Time Zone: East Coast
    General Availability for User vs User games: Generally, I play daily....evening time on weekdays...weekend sched depends on what my soft-legged wife has planned ;)
    Favorite Teams: Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks, UGA Bulldogs, Hampton Pirates, Atlanta Braves
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports: While doing a google search for news on NCAA '13 dynasty features

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I have not. Never had the internet capabilities before now

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing games religiously since childhood....have bought every NCAA title since.....'98. Complete sucker for sim/ recruiting type stuff.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Not to toot my own horn, but.....TOOOOT, lol. Honestly though, I'd say I am a 8 on a scale of ten. I do my best to mimic realistic playcalling and to avoid overusing "money plays" that only work because of AI related stuff. I run 10 minute quarters usually with the eat clock option on because I've gotten some pretty realistic box scores using it.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Right up my alley....I talk a little trash, in a good nature fun kind of way, so unless there's a problem with that. I think I fall right in line. If there's any kind of issue with trash talk, I'm far from too stubborn to tone it down.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? No questions at this time. I think I got a pretty good understanding....

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. 27 y/o, criminal defense attorney in need of efficient stress relief, lol. Have always been a fan of the "background" story of sports. Majored in Sports Management in undergrad, have interened a bit in the sports agent side of things....will be sitting for the NFL Agent exam sometime in the next 5 years. My ultimate drea as 8,9 y/o kid was to be a GM for a Football team. I even created my own "simulated board game" for a basketball-game when I was younger......and finally, I think NFL Head Coach '09 was a marvelous idea and I wish they would bring it back or at least mesh its features into the NCAA/ Madden Titles....

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I think I'd bring a good energy and insight to the fam. Even though I'm probably a bit bias, I think I'd bring some good insight and discussion to the boards, as well as some ideas keen ideas. I'm a great organizer and regarding the efforts the fam brings forward in terms of wishlists, etc, I think I'd be able to assist in the community as a whole bringing together a cohesive platform that would help Shaun, Drfiterbub, Dave and the gang to better commuinicate with the dev team.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Simple. Some good, honest, competitive game play and some good convo about sports gaming

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Defer to the league rules on the matter first. if the league rules don't specify anything. I'll play it out, take my lumps and hit up the commish later on. Not about to create an E-beef with anyone, lol

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? Still checking them out.....looking heavy at the non-premier NCAA leagues. Would like a league where everyone picks 1* type teams in the same geographic region on the game (not neceesarily the same conference). Would like to have some added difficulty in "building" teams up that I just can't get with the computer as my only competition.....not so much concerned about how other guys play their strategies out so long is it is moderately realistic...(like, let's not throw 9 routes the entire game and play goalline all-out blitz defense on every snap). But if you're a guy who wants to paly ball control and run 75% of the time and snap the ball with 3 ticks left on the clock everytime, I have no beef with you. Also in a league set-up, I'm looking for an AA league with adjusted sliders or a Heisman league
  3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Nice application Devin.

Welcome to TSO.
  4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Application approved, welcome to TSO Devin
  5. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

May 27, 2012
    Much obliged, fellas. Thanks for such a quick response. I look forward to chatting it up with everyone and for having some realistic and competitive games.