Approved New Member: franzkafka

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Dec 8, 2012.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome franzkafka,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Name:Dan Koziar
    Gamertag/PSN:samsa1979
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:NA
    Time Zone:EST
    General Availability for User vs User games:Available in the evenings (after 5:00PM EST) during the week; available most times during weekends
    Favorite Teams:New York Jets, San Francisco Chargers
    How did you hear about Tradition Sports:Google Search (was trying to find a Madden 13 Online CCM Sim League)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

I haven't had any experience with online leagues, but have always wanted to find a Madden league focused on sim-type gameplay to join. I have been playing Madden for quite a while (since the Genesis days) and since the online component was added, I've wanted to be a part of a larger league.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I've been playing video games since I was six or seven. I started with an Atari, graduated to Nintendo and then went on through the Genesis, Dreamcast, XBOX and XBOX360. I'm also an avid PC gamer and builder.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

In terms of Madden (and sports games in general), I would describe myself as a sim-type gamer. I would rather lose a realistic game than win one by using glitches or unrealistic plays / strategies. I prefer a slower paced game to an over the top fast paced one so that the sim-elements can be allowed to develop. Off-season and off-game day elements of the game are among my favorite things to focus on (trades, draft, scouting, etc.)

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I think I fit right into your core demographics. I can't imagine I'll have any difficulty fitting in.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

No. Seems fairly straight forward: don't be a jerk, play your games on time, don't d/c.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I'm a teacher who works primarily with special needs students in northern Ontario. I live with my wife, son and pets (three cats, a dog, a fish and two guinea pigs). My interests tend to run towards the "nerdy" (sci-fi, computers, technology, gadgets, etc.) I'm also a huge football fan and follow both the CFL (go Alouettes!) and the NFL fairly closely.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

I hope to be an active participant in whichever league I'm able to join. I don't see myself ever acting in a GM or Commissioner role as I wouldn't have the time to commit due to my work schedule and family commitments, but in terms of being a player, I hope to be a regular forum poster and active part of my league.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

I hope to become a part of a good Madden 13 sim-type league.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

I would let them know of the violation (they may not be aware that what they're doing isn't allowed). If they persisted, I would finish out the game and report them to the league commissioner (hopefully with screen or vid caps as proof).

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

The GMFL league appears to have openings (including a spot for the Chargers). The Necessary Roughness League also appears to have spots available. The latter seems to be a sim-type league, so I'd definitely like to get on with them. Again, it looks like the Chargers are available, so I'd be glad to get them as my team.

Thanks very much for your consideration! I hope to hear from you soon.

3. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Just realized my typing of : D for my name translated to a smiley. Sorry about that. My name is "Dan" not :Dan.

Apologies!

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Application Approved

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    By the way, all of our leagues are "sim-type".