New Member: Fred Limbo

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Shaun Mason, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Feb 9, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Welcome Fred Limbo,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Feb 10, 2011
    1. Name: Fred Limbaugh
    Gamertag PS3: FLimbaugh
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability: I play mostly after 5:30pm week days and on weekends
    Favorite Teams: Auburn, Braves, and Redskins
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I recently moved and got internet at my house. I was looking to join an online dynasty and had trouble finding one with a symbol of slider settings and games features I play in my off line dynasty. Most were 5 min and default slider settings and little to no activity. Anyway I got on operation sports forum and someone mentioned your sight. I never knew anything like this was going on this could be a perfect fit for me.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?
    I started playing intelavision in the 80’s I started playing random online football games about 3 years ago.

3. What type of player would you say you are?
    To say I don’t play to win would be a lie but even in my off-line dynasty’s and franchises if I lose I take it and I lose often because I like games that go down to the wire and are not all blowouts. So I tweak my sliders a lot to have good games. I like games to very realistic as far as yards per carry, sacks, passing yards and comp percentage, game play ect.. I play daily and center on Madden and NCAA sometimes I play NBA2k11.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age
    ? The 28-30 age is good for me because it brings maturity and knowledge to the community. Hopefully it will cut out the childish disconnects and repetitive play calling found in most online games I have played.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?
    Yes I read them and agree to follow all. I do question the hurry up offence only in the last 2 min of each half. Auburn, Oregon, and several others run them the whole game. But I will do whatever to have consistent fun competition. I have no problem slowing it down.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    Well, I am 36 and a man of God. I have a beautiful wife and 3 kids 18, 13,and 10. I work for a ministry called Alabama Teen Challenge and we help people who struggle with addiction to drugs and alcohol. I have a past of drug addiction and many years in prison but have been clean now for 6 years. I started playing video games WAY back and have went from sports games to online MMO and back. I am very active and play softball, basketball and lift weights during my week. I am a big Auburn fan “WAR EAGLE” National Champs!! And go to a lot of games. I choose to play PS3 instead of watch a lot of the junk on TV.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community?
    I would defiantly check the sight daily and become more active as I build relationships. If everything works out I would probably be a sponsor and potential life time member.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?
    Good clean fun, competition and a place to share my experiences with more people like me on a consistent basis.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    After the game I would send clips of the game to my league comish along with info on what took place.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of?
    I have looked around but there is a lot of info and threads in all the forums so I Really don’t know where to look to get started. I can tell you what I am looking for. A league that advances weeks pretty fast and that has some realistic slider settings on a Varsity or All- American level settings. Heisman level seems to make sorry computer teams play like world beaters but I am open to try whatever. Also I would like to play as Auburn and would hope for the league not to be in year 2019. But like I said I am open to whatever league I can get in that plays regularly. I would also be intrested in a Madden 11 Fanchise if I can't get a NCAA
  3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Jun 22, 2009
    Welcome to TF Fred! Application approved

You will notice that some league commishes will deviate from a few of the posted general rules, and this is one of those cases. The rules were basically written during the 2009 release and have yet to be fully updated for all of the latest features. Just make sure to ask the commish of your league about his stance on this before using it in a game.