New Member: Fred Paul

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Sep 15, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Fred Paul,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

Name: Fred Paul
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Amelrik on Playstation 3
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: N/A
    Time Zone: EST
    General Availability for User vs User games: Nights and Weekends
    Favorite Teams: Carolina Panthers and LaSalle Explorers
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Someone in EA Sports website mentioned it.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? No. New to online.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Playing video games since the Atari 2600. New to online.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I play as a hobby. Not a hardcore gamer by any means.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? I'm 35, but I act 30.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? No. I'm new to online like I said, but I'm interested in trying to participate in some online games.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. College graduate, running my own business, in a relationship (which may hamper my gaming, LOL). Big fan of role playing games like Dungeons and Dragons, Arkham Horror, etc... I do like sports video games also, although I usually can beat the computer. So wanted to try playing with others.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I usually get along with everyone, so it shouldn't be any problem fitting in. Besides, people always like people they can beat at games, so I'll be everyone's best friend here. LOL.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? I would hope to have some fun banter with the other members and maybe learn a little bit more about getting better at these games. I did see you have many leagues. Looks like fun.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I don't know. I've never played online. Can you quit during a game? I guess I'd quit. Is that allowed? Maybe that's breaking a league or site rule. I haven't read the rules here yet to be honest, so whatever the rules state is what I'll do.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I did see you have tons of leagues. I play football a lot so I'd look at that. I play Tiger Woods and I'm going to get F1 racing. I didn't notice if you have leagues for those. I'll look around and probably get in more if I have the game.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Welcome Fred, approved!

Nice to see a fellow nerd/geek here. There are a few of us that are really into RPGs/D&D?M:TG type of stuff, me included.

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

and no, quitting on an opponent is heavily frowned upon here. You may want to do some looking around the site at some of the site rules and such for online gameplay and etiquette

5. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

I kind of got really into that World of Warcraft for awhile. I'd be playing and playing and look up at it was 6am. Game is so addicting. Girlfriend put an end to that. LOL.

Thanks for letting me know about quitting. I will make sure not to do it.

6. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

Hey, can I ask you a question. There's so many leagues on this site. How can you tell if there are openings for players in a league or do you just wait for people to invite you to things?

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I had an off and on relationship with WoW. Basically did all the end game content and farmed it for awhile until I couldnt take it anymore and then take a break til the next x-pack. but I have basically quit it for good now. I am tempted to try Old Republic or Guild Wars 2 but not sure if I will have the time.

My wife loved playing WoW too, so it made it easier.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

In this new member lounge, there is a league openings sub forum. Leagues post their openings there that you can browse.

9. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

I never really got into Magic: The Gathering. I have friends that love it though. Did you ever play Injurius? That's a fun game. You need a ton of space though to play it.

10. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

Yeah, I'm done with WOW also. Always on the hunt for the newer, better game though. Good talking to you.

11. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

Looks like all the leagues with openings is XBox. LOL. Maybe I can find a Playstation 3 league. Thanks for all your help.

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

nope never have, havent heard of it either...

I think Big D The League might have a few openings.

13. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

Thank you. I asked in all the threads that looked like maybe Playstation 3 leagues if they had openings. I'm sure people don't like playing with "the new guy to online". I guess it's kind of like playing vs the computer only more difficult. Thanks again for your help. Have a great day.

14. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Im a beta tester for swtor....it's awesome!!

15. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

If I get a XBox, it looks like theres 100 leagues to join. LOL.

I think there's 1 or 2 total Playsation leagues here. LOL.

16. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I was/am too but never played it lol

18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Lol you need to bro. They are coming out with latest build soon. It's legit. I used to play the old ones with my buddy back in the day.

If you decide to test again let me know. We can join up. But I have to fix my fan in my laptop...it's not working and making my games run at 20 fps instead of 60

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ah that sucks, ya I will let you know. I installed it, just never got around to play

20. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

That game looks pretty good. I've never played it either.

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

22. Fred Paul

Fred Paul Walk On

OK, thank you.