New Member: Friz

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jul 4, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Feb 28, 2011
    Welcome Friz,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here:

TSO Staff
  2. Friz

Friz Walk On

Jul 4, 2011
    Featured Threads:
    Name: Eric Frisbee
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Friz - PS3
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Google Talk -
    Time Zone: Eastern US
    General Availability for User vs User games: Most Weeknights 7pm-midnight EST, Some weekends all day
    Favorite Teams: University of Michigan sports, Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles, Arsenal
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: I was invited here by Broncos218 for a FIFA League.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yes, I played in an NCAA and FIFA league at Operation Sports in the past year. I was active until my PS3 got the Yellow Light of Death, at which time I was forced to retreat from the leagues. I recently got a new playstation and am interested in rejoining a FIFA League with many of the players I played with at Operation Sports.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I've been playing Video Games of some sort for roughly 15 years, and online more steadily in the past 6-7 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? SIM, I think the greatest part about video games is replicating a real sport. I always play a game the way I would expect it to be played if I was watching it live.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? As long as I can play and interact with other players with any sense of maturity, age is not a crucial factor to me. I am slightly below the average, but treat other players with sportsmanship and respect. As long as I can get that in return, which I would respect to receive from an average age as listed, I would feel comfortable playing any age player. With a 28-30 age average, I would consider this a great place to have some fun and friendly competition with a sense of respect to all levels of players. It is the way I intend to play and would expect that to be a similarity here of any age.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes. As a player who plays sim, even when running into the worst of online opponents, I like the fact that the leagues here are geared towards sim play. I would love to have a haven where I can avoid the "win at all costs" gamers, and like that the rules encourage the sort of gameplay that follows the sport rather than the exploits. Stats, recaps, summaries are also a great contribution to the game. I once had an ambition of becoming a sports writer, it did not work out in real life but I'd love the inclusion of doing it within a league I am participating in.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I graduated from the University of Michigan over a year ago and live and work full time in Michigan. I'm an avid sports fan, participant, and when it comes to video games, sports will always be a favorite. I pick up new versions of many of the games every year and love the competition provided from another human player. I love the league aspect and playing full seasons with other people instead of the CPU is the best way these games can be played in my opinion. I participate in real life baseball, soccer, and basketball leagues, follow every professional and college league I can as closely as possible, and love to carry on a discussion about the sports with anyone I can talk to. Having a community of people here that can talk sports, play sports, and live sports with me will keep me coming back for a lone time.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I'll be repeating some things from my last question, but my love of sports seems to fit in with most of the community here. I love sports discussions which appear to be all over the place here, and I love a friendly competition which is what these games and leagues are all about. I see myself frequently contributing to discussions in a variety of sports while maintaining full membership in at least one league.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Sports and video games are ultimately about fun, so I would hope to have some entertainment come out of this website and the leagues I end up in. Winning isn't the cause of fun, but friendly, competitive games and a social interaction with league members is. I would hope to become a part of a league where I could have some competitive games, an enjoyable social experience regarding the leagues and the sports, and ultimately have a place where I can have fun with the game.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Make a note of what happened and bring it up to the commissioner of the league in a private setting. Avoid making it a public issue as that creates more problems than before. I would hope to have the commissioner of the league assist in any resolution between myself and the other party only.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? The league I am most interested in is the PS3 FIFA League (Serie A/B). Love the promotion/relegation system they have set up there and the round robin play, my preferred set up is what would most closely mirror a real life league, and they seem to have it right.
  3. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

Jan 31, 2011
    Welcome Friz! It's been a while. Nice application, you should be approved in no time. When you do, send me a PM and I'll explain what's going on in the TFL SERIE
  4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Jul 14, 2009
    Application approved. Welcome to TSO Friz
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Jan 6, 2010
    Gotta love all the Michigan apps...
  6. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

Feb 18, 2011
    What up Friz!