New Member: Gator48

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Gator48, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Gator48

Gator48 Walk On

New Member: Gator48

Name: Martin
    Gamertag: Gator48
    Email: martin_walker99@yahoo.com
    AIM: N/A
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability: Most weeknights and weekends.
    Favorite Teams: New Orleans Saints, UH, LSU
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Found you on Google.com

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I am currently in an online league for Nascar 09 that races on monday nights. Its not really the ideal league im looking for, as they only communicate on the night of the race, and not throughout the week.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? I have been playing games for years now, I am not sure how long. But I have been playing online for probably a good 3 or 4 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I am a competitive player, I play to win, not just to play.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? The only differences I can think that might come to the table are gaming styles. Although 5 years is a big gap in economic and technological advances.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? I have no question or concerns about the guidelines set in place. I like when there is a written structure so that we know what the rules are and they dont get changed mid game.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I am currently in the Army working with computers. Currently attending HPU for my Associates in Computer Science. I am married with 2 children and another on the way.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? I feel that once i get to be a true part of TF, as in part of a league, I will be as active as I can be. There might be times when I dont show up due to ties in the Army which I cant control. But on the other times I will be checking the forums and everything like that daily.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? I hope to gain more experience in online playing that I can also transfer over to offline playing. Right now I am not going to lie, I am prolly as close to noob as I can be when it comes to online play. But I think once I get to play with others online all the time, I can pick up different strategies and mature my gaming capabilities.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I contact the league owner asap and notify them of the situation.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I havent checked them out quite yet, But i am looking to be part of an active league for either Madden 10 or NCAA 10. Also if there are enough players in the league that are interested in Nascar 09, maybe we can start a branch for that.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

The answer to this question worries me. Those who value winning more than the actual experiences and relationships derived from playing most often share the "win at all costs" mentality. In the past we have found members with that mentality have failed on traditionfootball.com. If you share this same frame of mind then TF is probably not the place for you.

3. Gator48

Gator48 Walk On

Well what I meant by that is that I play my hardest and my goal is to win. But if i losee, I don't trash talk or participate in unsportsmanlike conduct. I like to make my opponent work for a win if they are going to beat me. I didnt mean to make it seem like all i want to do is win.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thank you for clarifying Martin. Also could you specify if your gamertag is for xbox or PS3?

Application Approved. Welcome to TF!

5. Gator48

Gator48 Walk On

I play only on XBox 360. Sorry i didnt clarify that.

6. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Are you a big Nascar fan, or just a fan of the game? I don't know why EA stopped making Nascar games... Even if they make it every other year, just make it. I love Nascar, but haven't played a Nascar racing game yet. Only racing I've played is Forza, and I just started on that... not good enough to race competitively yet.

7. Gator48

Gator48 Walk On

I am a fan of NASCAR as well as the game. I am a die hard Jimmie Johnson fan. I am upset that EA Sports is not making another game as well, but its all because their contract expired with NASCAR as far as making the games. From what I hear, they are going to try to pick it up for NASCAR 2011 but not sure how true that is. As far as I know there will be no NASCAR game release this year. It blows.

On another note, I have been looking in the league threads and trying to see if I can join one, either Madden 10 or NCAA 10 but I dont see a place to sign up. It also seems like they are all gearing up for 11. What about for us players that may not be jumping straight to the next game? Any advice on how I can get into one of these leagues?

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I'm also a nascar fan... When I started years ago I was a Gordon and JJ fan... but as the years when on I've become a #1 Kyle Busch fan. That's my driver, then I'll root for Jeff if Kyle can't win. Dale Jr is cool since he came over to HMS, but he can't get anything going. I stopped pulling for JJ after he kept winning too many damn races and dominating the chase.

Everybody's pretty much switched over to NCAA 11 over here... especially since the game was just released. Check this forum on a daily basis, they'll post new leagues and league openings in here. Also browse around the board and other leagues. If you see a league you like and they have a waiting list, then sign up on the list. If you stick around I guarantee you will find a league home before too long. Just be patient.

Actually if your picking up NCAA 11 (I recommend you do, this is the one to have).... check out this thread

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26442