New Member: Geneseo98

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Sep 24, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Geneseo98,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

Name: Nick Loucks
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): Geneseo98 (PS3)
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: AIM = Geneseo98
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Mostly appx midnight on weeknights... My off days are Friday/Sunday through Christmas... My wife and I are having a baby around then and work schedules will change after that in 2012.
    Favorite Teams: Napoli (FIFA), Syracuse (NCAA)
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Googled about FIFA12 leagues.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? I played NCAA and Madden before with coworkers and old college buddies. Nothing was really handled online - just texted and emailed each other when we needed to play.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Video games since... 1990? Online on PS3 since NCAA08.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Above average at NCAA... Inconsistent lately... Only really been into FIFA for the past 14 months or so. Streaky there too. Need to diversify my scoring skills, but solid on D.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Love the fact I could be playing with people with similar work/life balance. People who expect to play a game/advance every night aren't fun for me at this point of my life.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I've read them. Strict but no concerns/thoughts.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I grew up in Syracuse, NY - Love Donovan McNabb and Jim Boeheim. Top sports memory is 2003 Hoops Championship. Big Yankee fan that was in the left-field bleachers for Aaron Boone's HR in 2003. I've worked at ESPN since 2002. Got married in 2009 to a fellow sports nerd that I met at work and she has an unhealthy love for all things Brett Favre. We're expecting our first child in December 2011. Big into fantasy sports and hanging with family when I can but work hours have been picking up lately within the last year.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community? I'm a HUGE sports fan - obviously follow all current sports/storylines. And I know how the sports media business is run so I could add some perspective to that.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO? Consistent competitive games vs like-minded guys that serve more of a "higher purpose" than just Dynasty mode by myself anymore. I like STORIES. So if my little sim players can take me on a fun one, that seems like a good time.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? Finish the game and mention it on the message boards. Depending on how egregious or infuriating the stunt is will determine how hard I drop the hammer in the forum. But overall, I just want to have fun.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? FIFA mostly... Curious as to how that would be executed/how fun it can be. I'd be interested in NCAA Football too possibly, but am currently in an online dynasty with old college buddies so not as hungry for that at this specific time.

3. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

send me a PM if/when you get approved for FIFA league

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

5. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

How do I know when I get approved? I haven't heard anything yet? How many spots are still open? Which teams are available? It looks like my Napoli are already taken! :(

6. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

someone will post here saying so.

we have 3 open spots, and Napoli are not taken, although they won't be available for selection this season as they are over 4 stars

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Application approved. Welcome to TSO

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Geneseo98 Hey man welcome to TSO I see you mentioned NCAA might be a possibility well we are about to get to the end of season 1 in Real Men Of Genius. We are currently looking for 2 coaches in a CC dynasty. Check us out if interested.

9. Geneseo98

Geneseo98 Walk On

Thanks for the note... Think I'm gonna pass for now... but I'll take a look at the rules and stuff and keep an eye on the thread... Thanks!