New Member: Gibby289

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Jun 28, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome Gibby289,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. Gibby289

Gibby289 Walk On

Name: Julio Cruz
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): gibby289 PS3
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ: Juliocruz100 Skype
    Time Zone: Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games: Afternoons to evenings
    Favorite Teams: Ohio State
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: Through Operation Sports

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Yes. I have played in a few on operationsports.com. They were NCAA leagues.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online?

I have played video games ever since i was little so probably about ten years. I have played online for probably six of those ten. I used to play computer first person shooting games online. I have done that since i was about five. But playstation about six years.

3. What type of player would you say you are?

I am a fun player. I enjoy playing the games. I just love playing college football. It is my favorite. So i like to have fun with it. I am very sim and don't cheese or cheat. I don't really mind losing.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I feel very comfortable with older people. Well older compared to me. I have always been brought up around a lot of adults. I feel very in my element, so to speak, when i am around adults. I just enjoy talking to them and having fun with them because i'm very similar to them.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

Yes I have and nope.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I'm 18 years old and going to be a senior in high school. I have been accepted to a couple schools for college but i am choosing between The Ohio State University and West Point. I play high school football and love it. I'm a pretty chill person.

7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

I believe i would fit in just fine. I love to play these games just as everyone else does here. I'm also a friendly person so it would be a fun and good experience for all.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

Being able to play in different leagues and tournaments and having fun. Getting to learn a lot from other players. Just to be involved.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?

Finish the game out and ask them what happened. Listen to their explanation. If it is serious tell my commissioner and have him handle it as he needs to. But try to not argue and make it a fight and just be mature and adult about it.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup?

I looked at SEC Speed, The Pride, and Bowlin' for Roses. I just like a league that advances rather regularly and on-time. With players who enjoy it and are sim and committed. For it to be a fun experience for everyone.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Gibby289

Haven't you been a member here before?

4. Gibby289

Gibby289 Walk On

I think i was like two or so years ago.

5. Iron Mickey

I thought so...

What happened? Why did you leave? You plan on riding this baby out this go around?

6. Gibby289

Gibby289 Walk On

I honestly don't remember i think i was in for a couple days. I was fifteen i think. I'm eighteen now. But yes if i get approved i do plan on it. I hope so. I guess we will see. I would love to because i love playing in online dynasties. There are too many over at OS that are un-sim and everyone quits after a season. So i'm hoping to get into something and be in it for a while.

7. Iron Mickey

Sounds good Gibby. Application approved bro. Now dont go all seasonal on me in a few months!

I recommend watching this gameplay video as a refresher my man

Welcome to TSO

8. Gibby289

Gibby289 Walk On

That's funny you posted this. I honestly just finished watching it then looked up and had a notification. Thanks for the approval!

9. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Hello, welcome Gibby. This reply is for the video though. Maybe David can talk to me about a couple of questions I have about it. First off, I definitely like that there is a video of actual game play to describe what is bad/good. I have some concerns about a few of the plays. I'm glad there are rules, but some explanations from a veteran might help clarify the reasoning.

1) I don't understand why the first example of a bad qb scramble is considered one. There are no open recievers downfield, (except X near the end). But wouldn't you want to scramble for a couple of extra yards instead of throwing it away? I'm sure that situation is common in the NFL, and maybe Peyton might throw it away, but A-rod would go for the extra yards. Is it because the qb rolled out ALL the way to the left? Thanks.

2) 2:11 - Bad bounce - This is the only one that actually upsets me. The RB had no open lane on the inside but had open space on the outside and took it. Plenty of RB's in the NFL bounce out all the time. AP and Chris Johnson won't just run up the middle every time. They'll try to find the hole. Then the next play, (the correct run) shows a guy running right up the middle and can either bounce out to the left, or run into a pile of defenders. 0/10 times will a rb choose the second choice, and it shows this run as the correct example of a run.

3) 6:10 - qb throw on the run - maybe I'm missing the point on this one, but it appears that the qb is just scrambling and makes a throw on the run. I don't believe there is anything cheesy about this. Can you explain?

I just wanted to question about these. I most certainly am not trying to start any confrontations, I just am confused about these cases. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iron Mickey

Because the way it's done by just rolling wide and high-tailing it. Especially when the QB had a nice and clean pocket to slide around and wait a bit more for a open receiver. Or it would not have been bad if you just took another extra second with that clean pocket and if nothing came open scramble up between your tackles for some good yardage.

You sure about that? :) I saw two nice lanes in the designed format

ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 29 13.57.gif

You know QB's that litterally just snap the ball and high tail it towards the sidelines to pass? Because that's all I did, it's just not realistic and looks like garbage...it's not even the intent of the play (they dont even make a play like that)