New Member - GigaBrett

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

New Member - GigaBrett

Name: Brett

Gamertag/PSN: GigaBrett (PSN)

Email: gigabrett@gmail.com

AIM:

Time Zone: Eastern

General Availability: Most nights (after 9 or 10 until pretty late), some days and evenings.

Favorite Teams: Ohio State (I'm a lifetime Ohioan and Columbus resident)

How did you hear about Tradition Football: Started the OFFL some time back, and merged here last year. Been missing the place.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where? Yep. NCAA stuff right here.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? Gaming since the days of Intellivision and Commodore 64. Online the last few years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? I'm a reality junkie. I like things to play just like a real season, so I despise gimmicks and all things non-sim.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? It's the best place for a guy like me to play. No doubt about that.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Nope. I know'em backwards and forward.

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time. I've been here before. Lot's of the guys know me well. I founded the OFFL a while back. Late last year, after my second RRoD, my second child, and my second job, I decided to trade in the 360 for a PS3, dial back the gaming, and put more time in at home. It has worked out well, and now I have the time for a dynasty. I'll run one, play in one, or whatever works out for the fine folks at TF. It's just nice to be around again.

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? I can be a daily contributor, but not quite what I was before. Posting every day, being active in a dynasty, perhaps running one - I could do any of these.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF? Not sure. Is there a decoder ring in the deal? Seriously, though, I know what you guys are about, and I missed it.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I finish the game. If I'm in communication with the other guy, I let him know what happened and ask him not to do it again. If he continues, I finish the game, PM the commish (I do not post publicly and raise a ruckus) and ask for some kind of ruling. I state my case diplomatically and privately, which is how I liked it when I was a commish.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I've looked around a bit, but not enough. I'm looking for one of a few situations:

1: The chance to play as my beloved Buckeyes
    2: A dynasty that starts at the very bottom and works up, where I can start as the absolute worst team in the game and try to get better and work my way up.
    3: Perhaps a TeamBuilder league.

Whatever I join, I want it to be crazy difficult. I want to be challenged (realistically so) by the CPU. I do not want a league where the guys are scoring in the 40's and 50's every game. I understand that this might be hard to find, so maybe I'll pitch my own league to the guys if something like this does not yet exist.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Welcome back AG.

Application approved.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Nice.

Good to be back.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Well I'll be. Welcome back Archie!

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How goes it?

What's a guy got to do to get a gig around here?

I'm kidding, of course. I sent a few PM's. Haven't heard anything yet, but I'm sure I'll find a home.