New Member: gigemaggs99

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by TSO Staff, Mar 22, 2011.

1. TSO Staff

TSO Staff Walk On

Welcome gigemaggs99,

Please submit an application and tell us a little bit about yourself.

You can find instructions here: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

TSO Staff

2. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Name: Gus Heinze
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX): gigemaggs99 (PS3)
    Email: gigemaggs99@hotmail.com
    AIM: Gus Heinze
    Time Zone: Central
    General Availability: Weeknights after 8pm central (after my son goes to bed)
    Favorite Teams: Wyoming, FIU, any lower ranked teams, I like building them up.
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: heard about it on Utopia.

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

Yes, Madden, NCAA, FIFA, and Tiger Woods leagues with my friends and a few NCAA ODs on thegamingtailgate and ncaastrategies.

2. How long have you been playing video games? How long have you been playing online? for a "while" had a nintendo when I was a kid, then moved to Sega, then PS2, Xbox360, and now PS3. I've been playing online for about 4 years.

3. What type of player would you say you are? Recreational, I enjoy playing but I understand it's a hobby too.

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age?

I'd prefer to play gamers that enjoy the game for what it is, a hobby and a good time. I enjoy using my headset and talking to the other person. If I wanted to play someone that talks trash and/or uses cheese plays I'd stick to the lobby. I do not enjoy that, my online lobby record is 2-1, I don't play there, just not much fun.

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns?

no, when I click on "rules" in the "new members read here first" post it takes me to another site that asks me to log in. I use my username and password and it gives me "database error"...so I'm not sure where to go from here???

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.

I'm a stay at home Dad, raising our now 2 and 1/2 year old son. We have another son on the way, due in July. My wife is a teacher, pre-k in her 9th year of teaching. She teaches kids that do not speak English, so she has a challenging job speaking in Spanish all day, then coming home and changing it up, speaking English to us. We are both TEXAS A&M University Graduates. I'm Class of '99 and she's '01. When I'm not a stay at home Dad I'm a plumber. When are kids go to school I will return to the work force and plan on opening our own plumbing company. I'm a lic Journey Plumber in the state of Texas, working towards my Master Plubming lic. I enjoy NCAA football, Cycling, Golf, and Fishing (mainly fly-fishing). I like teaching my son new things and this stay at home Dad stuff is fun but challenging at times. I was raised to be the bread winner so this has been a change of roles but it's the best for our family. He's growing like crazy and his brain absorbs things like a sponge, it's really COOL!

7. How active do you plan on becoming with the TF community? I can do the best to be as active as possible. The little new guy coming in July will take more of my time but family comes first. Other than that, I enjoy playing.

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TF?

I like to read other strategies, learn about good solid sliders. I also like meeting other members that share in my hobbies and like to play sim style football. Taking advantage of the AI is not for me. I like to make it as real as possible but MAINLY have fun in the process. I'd like to play in some NCAA and Tiger Woods leagues. I have Tiger Woods (Master's edition) pre-ordered. I currently have NCAA 11 and plan on purchasing the new one when it comes out this summer.

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation?
    Hopefully they have a headset and we can pause the game and discuss it and come to a resolution like adults. If no headset, I'd pause and try to send a message via PSN, I'm not that fast at typing there so I don't care to use it that much. I can type pretty fast on a real keyboard but not on a text thing, i.e. PSN or cell phone. If that does not resolve the situation I'd continue to play out the game. Then send both the opponent and league commishioner and email/PM when the game was complete and hope to get the issue(s) out in the open so I have a better understanding of the rules and if it really was something to question, or if I was just seeing something wrong. Hopefully through clear communication it would be worked out. I'm here to have fun.

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TF? Have you seen anything that you want to be a part of? I need to look through them but I'd like to play in some NCAA leagues. As far as NCAA goes, I enjoy using lower teams (Wyoming, etc..) and trying to recruit and build them up. I'd rather use the lower teams than the big boys, i.e. Alabama, but if that's all that is open, I'll play with the big hitters too.
    I'd also like to be apart of the Tiger Woods league/tour that's coming up.
    Thanks for reading and hope to hear from ya'll soon. I also have MSN messenger, my id there is: gigemaggs99@hotmail.com

Gus

3. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

I looked through the 3 PS3 NCAA leagues and wasn't seeing a "waiting list" section. Do I post in those too and ask about a waiting list there? Or will they contact me?

Thank you gents.

Gus

4. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Also, like the "rules" section of the new members start here, when I click on the FAQs it takes me to a new site that asks me to log in again. I do and it again tells me database error. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can check out the "rules" and the "faqs".

Thank you.

5. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Same issue with the "league discription hub" I was hoping to find out which leagues had openings but it too sends me to a new window that wants me to log in, then tells me "data error".

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Application Approved. Welcome to TSO Gus!

Stay at home dad, now thats the life. As for being a Texas AM grad we have a pretty good wad of those running around here @Drifterbub and @hackgolfer. Try accessing those sub forums again, you should have access now that I have approved you! Let us know if you have any quetions!

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Class of '08 here. Welcome and Gig 'em!

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

TAMU class of hard knocks...

9. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

HOWDY AGS!
    And thanks for the welcomes....

Ok, I'm here:

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/new-member-applications-new-members-start-here.1162/

and clicking on the "rules" it takes me here:

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1179

I log in with the same username and password as I do to get on this forum and it tells me "database error".

Any ideas?

I'd just like to read the rules and possibly see the FAQs, and then also see the "league description hub" so I can see which leagues have openings. In the mean time I'll post in the 3 PS3 ODs and ask them if they have any openings.

Thanks and GIG 'EM!

Gus '99

10. Emmdotfrisk

11. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Thanks for the link, read the rules and everything looks good! Thanks!

I do have another question. I searched in the PS3 ODs, the non-contributor ones and only a few have a waiting list. And some of those are full, which is a good sign. My question is, some don't have a waiting list. Do I just start a new thread asking to be put on a waiting list? Is there a better way to put out a notice to all the PS3 ODs that I'm interested in playing. I understand I won't be in multiple ODs, I just didn't want to go in there and post the same message over and over in multiple threads. Is there an easier way to do this, i.e. gigemaggs99 sitting on the bench..."pick me pick me!" LOL (y)

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Your not allowed to have images in your signature, newbie.:)

13. Emmdotfrisk

Well compare this site to networking, or being a stranger in a new environment. You'll have to approach people and spark conversations, ask to scrim with people, and ect. Most commishes want to bring in a new member who they believe will help out the community as well as their league. That is the proactive approach. Now there is a reactive approach which is keeping your eyes peeled to the New Member Lounge Sub Forum. Commishes will post league openings in this thread, where you can get "leads" to openings.